Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Weeek Weeek Noise from front end WTF????????

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 89K1500Chevy, Feb 7, 2003.

1. 89K1500Chevy

89K1500Chevy 1/2 ton status

i have heard this noise and its not just on my truck i heard it on my dads dodge while just rollin down the road its a high pitched weeek weeek week while bouncin but it dont do it on flat ground so i think its the burshins or something I have heard other trucks and cars do it but i hate hearin noise's from my truck that dont sound like its normal.. its done this for a long time even when the truck was stock so idk what is.....any ideas?? keep in mind only when on ruff terrain... its quite while on good flat road /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif www.zombieoffroading.8m.net

2. ZonkRat

ZonkRat 1/2 ton status

If it does it sitting still it could be dry bushings in A-frames{front suspension}.If it's while wheels are rolling check wheelbearings,especially if you have less backspacing than stock wheels.Have heard loose lugnuts make similar sound too. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Shorts

Shorts 1/2 ton status

my truck makes a similar noise to - only on bumpy roads and its in the front end somewhere. Thing is, it only started doing it after i installed the lift. i've checked all nuts and bolts, and all are secure. so, i've narrowed it down to: the shocks, control arm bushings(but they're all stock /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif) or could be the arms rubbing on the lift brackets, uhhhm, the new end links, the new sway bar bushings, or the diff rubbing on the frame /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

4. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

my luv is ifs and will squeek when i wheel it. Its probly just bushings, but to make shure i grease that thing soo much (everytime after i get home from off roading that front end gets grease!). If you whant noises ride whith one of my freinds his trucks make kreeks groans and squeeks.

5. 89K1500Chevy

yeah i dont hear this noise while offroadin just rolling along on paved rough roads and my front end stays greased up i always check that yeah i guess it could be body mounts or something turn the radio up that way ppl outside can deal with it. Hmmm can i buy just bodymounts or do i have to buy the whole thing in a kit from energy susp.? /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif www.zombieoffroading.8m.net

6. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I have had a couple sqeauks since my K5 has been back together. Always figured it was bad bushings or something. I noticed while doing my engine swap that my cowl was missing a few screws and when you moved it it squeaks. prolly not your thing just saying squeaks can be a lot of stuff and most of them aren't very bad things. Loose dash is a possibility as well. The fact taht it only happens on bumps tells me its something like what I have going with my cowl, metal rubbing on metal somewhere. Don't know what it could be but just look around for wear marks. I live in pennsylvania and well our roadways are ROUGH terrain so I hear it all the time.

7. bowtiepower00

bowtiepower00 1/2 ton status

Have you checked your sway bar bushings (or possible lack of)? That was the cause of a similar noise on my 93. Some trucks (Toyotas for example) have noisier bushings than others.

8. 89K1500Chevy

Do i really need the sway bar on my truck? i know it prob use's it more then on a SFA truck but one side of the sway bar is not really connected due to havin a bolt thats too long to tighten down on the swaybar to lower a arm and that side doesnt make the noise and this longer bolt is a Driveway customs creation i got from lowes Its a grade 8 bolt but just too long... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif www.zombieoffroading.8m.net

9. ZonkRat

ZonkRat 1/2 ton status

I ran mine without it for several years.It can cause some lean in corners,not like older K5swhere it's sort of constant{starts to lean a little and leans more as you turn tighter}.It will resist lean up to a certain point and then lean quickly,especially sliding around on backroads.The front will flex more without it.I'll bring a video to Tellico of mine doing some pretty good stuff through the years.Heard some old trails on Tenn. side of area are open again.Used to be some good trails there,not as hard as one you always see in mags. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif