Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Week-end damage report

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bajaviking, Jun 24, 2002.

1. bajaviking

bajaviking 1/2 ton status

My buddies and I went on a little evening trip this week-end. One of the guys told us that he knew this great place to go wheeling and it would probably take a couple of hours to get through. Well, it seems that nobody has been through this great little place for the last year so the vegetation was really thick and it was really hard to see where the path was. Anyway, to make a long story short it took us 5 hours to get through due to various problems like one carburator fire in a jeep, one damaged radiator on another jeep, several body parts torn off a Toyota 4 Runner and 1 damaged front locking hub on my K5. Nothing serious but enough to add a little flavor to the whole thing. Just wanted to share this with someone who understands since nobody else I spoke to were able to understand why we were so happy about getting our vehicles damaged.

2. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

Ur lucky....i went to the badlands ORV park and hit a HUGE rock. Well, it bent the crossmember and alot of other stuff and now i gotta take it to the shop. Not cheap considering i have no money, but hopefully the rents will help.

NITRO

3. cegusman

cegusman 3/4 ton status

AT least you did not strip your front ring, blow up you rear govlok, dent you oil pan, and blown your tranny. This was all a week ago. All that means is time for the second wave of my build up.

4. bajaviking

bajaviking 1/2 ton status

Sounds like you guys had fun, my truck is also my daily driver so I try to keep the damage at a level where it can be fixed before the next working day. Someday I'll invest in a another truck that I will use only for wheeling, until then I will have to control my right foot. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif