Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Weekend rig..or daily driver?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by theitalian404, May 18, 2005.

1. theitalian404

theitalian404 Registered Member

Hi guys...i've been a memeber very shortly...and my first post was about lifting my S-10 Blazer...since then I have not lifted it, and don't plan on it due the fact its an ifs rig...I'm just going to keep it as a daily driver and buy an old beat up sfa rig.(the only reason i bought it is b/c it had one owner its whole life and he was 66 when he bought it...and I gave very little for it!)Here is my question....how many of ya'll just have a "weekend rig"....and beat the heck out of it on trails...and have no worries? Most guys around here are loaded...therefore they can take there 04' Chevy 3500 4x4's with at LEAST a 6 inch lift...and beat it all up. I was just wondering how common "weekend rigs" are. Thanks...
    -Grasso.

2. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

Dont have one yet, but once my truck is painted, Ill be huntin me one out, right now my truck serves both purposes. Buncha kids I went to HS with, parents bought em brand new trucks, and they went out and sunk em window deep in mud and water, or slid into trees. Some of em even had the 30 day tags still on em.

3. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

right now my truck is both a DD and a weekend toy, after I finish working on my cars, I'll have a 99 cavalier RS for my DD and throw money at the K5 as a 'fun truck'. So yeah, my K5 will become a 'weekend beater'.

4. 4trolls

4trolls 1/2 ton status

I built a 51cj3a and a suburban for trail use but i really like driving them around town :D