Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Weekend Wheelin' Pics

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Polaris, Sep 3, 2002.

1. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

Weekend Wheelin\' Pics

Took my Blazer for her first big weekend. I just uploaded these so let me know if something doesn't work. I need to get outside and make friends with the pressure washer for a couple of hours /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif
    Click for wheelin' pics
    Everything held up well. I got a dent, no big deal.

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

Re: Weekend Wheelin\' Pics

<font color="green"> That first dent is a good one! Hope the door still closes for ya. If not, I guess it's time to go doorless! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif </font color>

3. DPI

DPI 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the pics! You got some good ones. I like this one the best though.
    [​IMG]

4. Calclips

Calclips 1/2 ton status

Swartz Creek, Michigan/Flint while in school

Looks like you guys had fun. I can't wait until I get done rebuilding my tranny, then all I need is a gas tank and it's wheeling time /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

5. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

That was hilarious. Wish I'd have gotten the splash before he went in. It was a major beater with "The Bud Wagon" painted on the doors. They did manage to get the beer out of it and pull it out of the water. We were tempted to drive over it while it was in /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

6. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

Door shuts fine :-). I want to go doorless but only for when we go wheelin'. Weather goes to extremes here pretty often.

7. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

Geez- Got Mud? That looks like a blast! I'll bet you had a fun time!

8. nofeartruckin00

nofeartruckin00 1/2 ton status

I looked at the video last night, and we have video of the bud mobile hitting the water! It was zoomed it a bit too far, but its still hilarious to see. I'm trying to transfer it to my computer still. Wish i had video of your truck getting the dent though, the camera was off at the time /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

9. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

Hey - nice pic below your name /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

That was so funny watching that thing get it's running start.

I'm just in for a water break and then back out for more scrubbing. I have an hour left and have not even started on the outside! Whew!

10. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

Oh and by the way, you didn't miss out on anything by not camping. We had an all-night thunderstorm. Everything got soaked. I'm on I think my 6th load of laundry, about halfway done. All of the pillows, blankets, sleeping bags got wet. My girl was sleeping in a puddle when I checked her in the middle of the night. She doesn't remember it. I guess both tents leak quite a bit. Time to stock up on Scotchguard!

11. nofeartruckin00

Wow, sorry to hear that. Maybe its a good thing the reservation lady was stupid. Although our 4 hour ride home did turn into a 6 1/2 hour drive somehow....... but we did beat the storm home. After driving up the trail all day, 70mph just seemed too fast /forums/images/icons/grin.gif Hope your truck cleans up, the rain got most of mine already.

12. nofeartruckin00

That jeep wagon-beer took like a 200 foot running start, and hit the water at about 35. They also took that thing up a very twisty hill climb, I think they were the ones who knocked over the tree on the way up /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

13. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

Looks like you had a blast. I'd give most anything to have my truck up and running like normal again. Tell hubby to hurry up and swap to rockwells and give oyu his running gear /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

14. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

What's the matter with your truck? Did I miss something??

I found a pair of axles - 14FF and D44 with 4.10's for $300. Hub's front axle is stretched or something?!? Weird. Rear needs some work and has a Gov-Loc. It sure did pretty good this weekend though! In spite of a leaking outer rear seal and breaking a u-joint cap off in the front (so he had 2wd) he really put on a good show for us. Especially that area with the dropoff. It was scary for me to watch, with our oldest son riding! The first time I was afraid they'd flip it. I'm the one who ended up nearly on my side after all. Glad the kids were strapped in good, and my dog managed to stay in too!

I'm taking a break from cleaning my truck. I have done the interior, engine compartment and about half of the bottom but have a good hour's worth of cleaning left to do!

I'd better get to it then!

15. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

Your pics are great /forums/images/icons/smile.gif Looks like you had a blast. Your dent is in a good spot at least. Your doggy in the back looks like he was having fun too lol. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

16. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

Motor went south on me a while back. I've been in the middle of a rebuild on it. I've had it semi running for the last 2 weeks, but can't seem to get rid of a REAL bad rich mixture. I drove it Saturday about 20-25 miles and it used a ton of fuel and fouled a couple of plugs. I've got some MORE parts in the Jeep to try and fix it tonight. I've come about [_____] that close to selling it and it's still not quite safe yet. This is the only thing I've got to drive and it's getting old not having it. I had to cancel on a wheeling trip next weekend because of this. I've just about had it with TBI. You might even see a for sale add for it soon...

17. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

Hey Kyle, sorry to hear about your engine problems. You know 350's are a dime a dozen though, right? We have 2 spare blocks in the garage. One we'd give away /forums/images/icons/wink.gif. Anything new with yours?

18. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

Still no news. I"ve been working on it steady. IJ've been using a downloaded program to get the information from to diagnose this stuff and its narrowing down to the TPS. I'll be switching that out this weekend and redoing my exhaust. Hopefully that will be all. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif