Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Weekend

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Eagle86K5, Mar 24, 2000.

1. Eagle86K5

Eagle86K5 1/2 ton status

Well the boss was gone...and the General Manager and myself were bored earlier today. So I suggested that he help me change the rotors on the "Ole Gal". Knowing he would polietly tell me where to go I was genuinly surprised when he said ok. So at noon I jacked up one side and lit into it. I had been putting this job off, because I had not done it before and did not know how long it would take. Well he said if we did not finish it in time I could drive the company S-10 home. Need less to say I got the job done in 2 hours and am relieved I did not have to drive the S-10, and am extremely happy to be able to hit the brakes without a filling falling out from the vibrations. I want to thank all those who, many posts ago, gave me help and inspirition to do this job. Ahhh the smell of bearing grease in the afternoon.... Again thanks for all the help.... another $300.00 saved.

<font color=green>Eagle86K5[​IMG]

<font color=red>Only guy I know that can get out of line in a one car funeral

2. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

I know how you feel, Eagle. I just dropped some coin at NAPA today for drums, shoes and hardware (drums were $41 each-best price I could find). The fresh paint on the drums is drying overnight, and the fun begins tomorrow morning. But, it's better than paying someone else $70/hr. to do it. Next payday the cylinders and e-brake cables get done, then the front brakes will get done. The fun never ends!!

[​IMG] Semper Maintenance!
    [​IMG] So many ideas, so little money...

3. Eagle86K5

Eagle86K5 1/2 ton status

Well I already did the back end...that was fun! Except some fool who had it before me put all the hardware in wrong....shoes backwards, adjusters backwards and no e-brake stuff. Soon as I can get all the material I plan to reinstall all the e-brake stuff. But do have fun...At least I got new brakes all around and do not have to stop Flintstone style anymore. Gee this means I can fix the floorboard now.....course no throwing refuse on the floor. And I will have to stop for nature's calls...darn...

<font color=green>Eagle86K5[​IMG]

<font color=red>Only guy I know that can get out of line in a one car funeral