Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Weekends Pics: Locked with Boggers and Stuck/ 70mph Duct Tape/ Redneck Fuel System

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mountainexplorer, Aug 15, 2005.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

I finally drove my "freebie" 402BB powered Motorhome for it's last highway trip. I had to rig a temporary fuel system. This was dangerous... DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME... or should I say, Do Not try this in your Motorhome. But it got me there.
    [​IMG]

The Duct Tape I added to the wall to help keep it in place held up for the most part. I even reached 70mph.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The 402 has some power! The motorhome was too heavy and the brakes too good to powerbrake it on hard packed gravel, but burning out on loose stuff or grass was easy. I took it hillclimbing at some nearby hills and it walked right up.
    [​IMG]

Since my mud pits are getting filled in soon, I had to get the stepside stuck once. I drove through back and forth in 2wd a bunch of times, digging ruts deeper till finally I dug down so far and high centered bad enough that when I put it in 4wd, it wouldn't pull out; even being locked front and rear.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A few quick tugs from the motorhome easily freed it.
    [​IMG]

2. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

3. original balzer

original balzer 1/2 ton status

BLAST THAT MOTOR HOME THROUGH THERE! heyuck < red neck giggle
    nice pics freebeies are awesome

balzer

4. mountainexplorer

I guess I lied on the "Freebie" part. I paid $250 for the motorhome. Then I sold the new tires and rims that were on it for $300. So I came out $50 ahead.

Then I threw on some other rims/tires I already had. I guess if I count the $25 trip permit and gas it's sucked down so far, I'm back in the hole again.

5. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

:haha: :haha: :haha:
    Did you get any strange looks from people for having so much duct tape on there? No 44's this time?

:D

6. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

They say duct tape has 1000 uses. I've been trying to figure out what they all are. I can now add "holding the wall of a motorhome up" to that list. :bow: :haha: :haha:

7. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Cabin or Cab and chassis?

I guess you got it to stop backfiring??--So,besides being a stuck truck puller outer,are you going to add the motorhome to your lot as a "cabin"?--or chop it into another "cab and chassis"?.. :confused: I think my ribs have healed from laughing at the posts you made with the boggers on the other one you cut up--that thing was the best I've seen yet! :bow: :bow: :haha: :crazy:

8. mountainexplorer

It quit backfiring shortly after I started driving it on the highway. It was just a sticking lifter from sitting a few years. The motor is coming out, getting a different cam and intake, and going into my Camo Blazer. The plan is to park it in a stationary permanent position... possibly connecting it to a shed, and turning it into a multi-roomed guest quarters.
    [​IMG]

A friend wants to get it from me minus motor and put it back on the road, but I'm not sure if I want to get rid of it. But it's not getting chopped up or anything. I've already had my little off-road fun with it already with the (4)9.50-16.5 rear tires. The other one I didn't chop up myself. I bought it pre-chopped and just added the tires. The 454 out of it is now in my blue '81 Crew Cab.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I don't know what to do with the rest of it. I sold the TH400 tranny for $150, and the rest of it is sitting in my field. You can probably see it in the background of the stuck stepside picture, sitting in the field with everything else.

9. mudslinger99

mudslinger99 1/2 ton status

Sure looks like another fun filled day in the north west :D

10. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

heh u got it goin on on the west coast. and one of these days i wil have it goin on here in maine on the east coast :Dafter house and garage are built i will be collecting many many chevy trucks and parts etc :D see what i can park around the house in the woods :waytogo:

11. OffRoad

OffRoad 1/2 ton status

sweet adventure man.

i want land so bad.

==========
    good work with the duct tape. i say run that motorhome through your mud pit. the worse that could happen is you get stuck. :D

============
    whenever i think that i don't need 20 trucks, i just read your posts... good work!