Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Weep with me: I lost a 1 ton axle pair on Ebay, for 500 bucks...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Ddragggon, Mar 9, 2002.

1. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

ok, so I'm on Ebay looking for potential axles, donor vehicles, etc, and I stumble across whats lsited as a 1975 3/4 ton pickup truck. since my search criteria included `4x4' I took a closer look. as it turned out, it was a 1975 K20, that someone had converted to K30 status, by dumping 1 ton axles in it ( D60 front, Dually rear of some sort) so, I placed my bid on it, setting it to 310 dollars(500 maximum), with a little over a day and a half left on it... I camped that thing at work all day, watching, and babysitting it, to make sure it would stay mine. in the 1/2 hour it took for me to get home, someone bid on it, voraciously, and beat me out by 10 dollars... then the auction suddenly ended a day early.

I contacted the auction people, and got the scoop from them... a family emergency had popped up in missouri, and they had to hop a plane immediately to get out there... the wife had the foresite to cancel the Ebay auctions, and unfortunately canceled them 3 minutes after the evil bidder out bid me by 10 bucks... I'm not pissed at them, or even the bidder who stole my axles... I'm pissed at Fate, and will be adding this to the book I'm going to co-author with one of my co workers entitled `there is a god, and he hates my ass' as I told them in my first letter, if the other guy doesn't pick it up, then I'll gladly give you my full bid price of 500 for it, and come pick it up, provided you give warning, so I can take the day off work, and round up a trailer. here's to hoping that zero feedback bastard is a deadbeat bidder....

if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go cry like a little girl with a skined knee...

-Rich

2. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

Sorry to hear that. Why don't you come to my country and find a cheap pair like I did (D60+14B for $500).

3. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

hmm... one heck of a road trip, and I unforunattely don't even know enough spanish to order at Taco bell.... /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif or Portuguese for that matter... ( not sure which language gets used in Guatamala, but either way, I can;t speak it... )

oh well,
    -Rich

4. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

Yep I'm doing the ebay thing right now myself. I've been on here for about 3 days straight waiting for changes. We've needed to go to the grocery store, but I keep ordering pizza so I dont have to leave the house, the wife's been threating to leave me or unplug my life line(computer). I know people have been trying to call, but I got the phone tied up so they are s.o.l.. I probably wouldn't be doing this but I had the same thing happen to me about 2 years ago and I swore I wouldn't let it happen again. So here I sit waiting.....tic toc tic toc...

5. spaceboy

spaceboy 1/2 ton status

There is a set of one ton axles on ebay right now. Dana 60 front/14FF rear. 4.10 gears, open diffs. Bidding starts at $750. They are located in Massachusets.

6. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

yep saw that, but rear was a duellie and it sounds like the insides might need some repair.

7. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

One thing I have learned from bidding on items is to wait til the LAST POSSIBLE MINUTE before the bid closes. Don't go ahead and make a bid when you have some days or hours left on it. Others will see this and go ahead and outbid you. If you just wait til like 5 minutes before closing, you can make your bid and check then if you have been outbid or not. If you have, you will get time to make another bid, quickly. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

8. K10ANDYKHAMNIC

K10ANDYKHAMNIC 1/2 ton status

i lost a whole 81 crew cab utility body k30 for 1000 with d60 and 14ff 292 inline 6 .....oh this is el centro its just sitting there ill talk to them later .....:( arggg