Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Weighing the options

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Ryan2286, Mar 12, 2003.

1. Ryan2286

Ryan2286 Registered Member

Alright What I've got is a 88 K5. I lifted it with front 4" springs and rear blocks. I can feel the trans starting to slip as the truck gets up on 94,000 miles. Its not bad yet the fluid is still red it just shifts smooth. So I figure I can't sell it now, because it won't be worth anything to anyone due to the rusty fenders and rockers. So a trans rebuild will be in order. Also I just cracked to rear leaf springs so they have to be replaced soon as well. I don't want to pay for stock springs so I might as well buy lift springs. so basically I think I may buy 4 inch springs for the rear and 8 inchers for the front. I realize I will need driveshafts and brake lines but I think it may be worth it, because I have dreams of swapping in a 14 bolt soon. So why noptdo it right rigth Away. Anyway where can I buy just front springs? And what are your opinions on what I should do.