Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Weight diff of half/full top

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by rampage, Dec 21, 2001.

1. rampage

rampage 1/2 ton status

About how much more does a full convertible top weigh than an 89 half top? Also, if I do the full conv. conversion how much weight would I be adding (half top + steel cab compared to the full conv. top)?

2. 1979Jimmy

1979Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I think the half top wieghs about 300 punds.

79 Jimmy, 5" lift 35 M/T with a 383 puttin out 400hp and 450lb/ft. 4.11s Locked front and back.

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

The half top weighs 188 lbs with slider windows, I weighed mine. I recently picked up a full top and there is no way its more than 50 lbs heavier...so I'd guess 240 max.

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/project_T2> tRusty pics...</a>

4. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I dunno Rene, I'd have to say my full top weighs around 300, you could be right though maybe its just the mass of the thing that makes it really awkward...

<font color=blue> I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy!

5. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

mine is 298 with solid winders. anybodywith sliding winders looking to ditch them PLEASE PM ME.
    thanks
    Grant

1974 Chevy Blazer Cheyanne. but it is on 33's now, with saggy old springs. i am in Yuma Arizona if ya got any parts for me.