Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Weight for shipping prices

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by KING K5, Mar 23, 2001.

1. KING K5

KING K5 1/2 ton status

Does anyone have any idea (approximately) how much a complete tailgate w/ window and all guts weighs? Also need the approximate weight of a complete steering column? I need these to try and get an approximation of how much shipping would cost for these items. Thanks in advance for
    any help!
    Jeff

2. KING K5

KING K5 1/2 ton status

Nobody knows the approximate weight of these things?? I had someone in another post tell me that the gate itself with out the glass and guts was like 96 lbs when she shipped hers. so how much would you say the glass and guts weighs? 20lbs? (more? less?) and I have no clue as to the steering column....someone must have shipped these things or have an idea? HELP!!
    I need to know how much to send the guy that I'm buying these things from!
    Thanks!
    Jeff

3. sarazk5

sarazk5 1/2 ton status

for steering column weight go to www.empiresteering.com and there is a message forumn there called "shop talk" if you ask how much they weigh, the owner will reply, that is who i bought mine through, and i went on there for instructions on how to install it.