Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Weight of a Blazer body

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 4x4_76, Mar 17, 2003.

1. 4x4_76

4x4_76 1/2 ton status

I'm going to pick up Blazer body from other side of the country in near future,and was going to do it with my Blazer and trailer.
    This parts Blazer has frame,springs,full steel body w/top and glasses.No interior,or any drivetrain parts.

I need to know how much that thing weights.Max. trailer weight(loaded) for my Blazer is 1920kg(3800lbs?,not sure).

2. fredekr

fredekr Registered Member

It's about 2.2 lbs/kg so your "max weight" is 4224 lbs. I don't really know the weight of the parts you describe, but you can look at CK5's spec page for the year of the body you're getting and go from there.

3. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

Depende en que your trailer weighs. There are lots of posts about flat-towing a Blazer behind another one. Me, I'd tow with a long wheelbase 3/4ton or better vehicle. Burbs are nice, or 1ton crewcabs duallies /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

OTOH, if you've towed a flatbed with your Blazer 'fore, you know what to expect. Keep the speed down and be careful. Trailer got brakes?

I took a Blazer (loaded, with Chalet shell) on a flatbed over the hills from Vegas to San Francisco, pulled behind my Burb ... 20-25MPH up some of those hills, being passed by semis. Safe, but not quick /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

4. 4x4_76

4x4_76 1/2 ton status

Yep,trailer has brakes.In here it would be illegal(even dangerous) to pull trailer that heavy without brakes.

It's an '84 Blazer,weights about 4400lbs,minus engine,tranny,t-case,both axles...Ok,I think that it can be done easily.

Thanks /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif