Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

weight????

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Tshane, Dec 10, 2002.

1. Tshane

Tshane 1/2 ton status

Okay i have an 86 short bed chevy. with a 350 what would u guys guess the weight to be around??? /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

2. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

probly up around 4500lbs

3. A&P

A&P Registered Member

My friend and I pulled his topless blazer onto a truck scale and the lady said we weighed 4,950 lbs. just my $.02

4. 79Beast

79Beast 1/2 ton status

Depending on tires& wheels, bumpers& recovery gear, etc....My 79 shortbox with 44's on steel wheels with heavier..but not HEAVY bumpers, recovery gear in the tool box 1 ton axles weighs about 6800 lbs (without me). For your truck..I would guess around 5500, maybe less.

5. TheBlazerKid

TheBlazerKid 1/2 ton status

I would say between 4500-5000. my 71 with 1-tons, big block, winch, full 35 gallon tank, hurko front bumper, and my lard @$$ weighs in at a hair under 7k.

6. bad_bo_ti

bad_bo_ti 1/2 ton status

speaking of weight and not to take the post away, is there a way to go about getting the vehichle gvw changed on a title or registration so that it would be legal if lifted. reason i ask is ohio has 2-3 weight classes for bumper hieght and i am out of mine /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif. just curious. thanks

7. 79Beast

79Beast 1/2 ton status

I'm not sure if you can just do it by weight. In GA, legal frame height depends on whether your truck is a 1/2, 3/4, or 1 ton. Even though I have 1 ton axles, I think that it's all in your vin # and cannot be changed.

8. bad_bo_ti

bad_bo_ti 1/2 ton status

well what i was wondering is if i could do one of those "created vehichles" title/vin.