Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Weightlifing/strength training

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 84gmcjimmy, Dec 11, 2004.

1. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Do anyone of you guys know of an online chart that shows me different workouts I can do for each muscle group? In the weight room at the highschool, there are a bunch of charts for the back, stomach, arms, legs, back, and shoulders, and each one has about 4 different workouts you can do. With a picture and a few sentences describing them. Does anyone know if there is a chart simular to this online?

Also, when I move next year, into a smaller house, I will not beable to have a bunch of dumbells, benches, barbells, and whatnot in a room because it won't all fit. So I am almost positive I am going to get a BowFlex for me, and my family because it's compact, and you can perform all the activites on one machine. The one I am looking at, it says it's hard to do, because unlike dumbells, when you come up, you have momentum if you swing your arm (your not suposed to swing), then you have gravity pulling the weight down when you take it back down. With the bowflex, there is resistance all the way, and it gets harder the more you pull.
    So, in my personal opinion, I think that I what I will get since I can't have a bunch of weights laying around. Also, to get a bunch of sets of barbells and dumbells, and proper benches, seats, and all that, I would probably spend close to what I would for a bowflex. So yeaaaah...

One more thing, until then, I just have a couple barbells, and a couple dumbells to work with... here is a picture but my camera won't cooperate with the computer...

So if anyone knows of a place I can look at pictures/drawing of what I can do with free weights, that will be good! Also, should I buy a few more dumbell and barbell bars and weights?

2. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Just a note, but I was stronger and in better shape doing hard labor on a famr than I ever was moving hunks of iron around at a gym

Breaking your back is a total workout, and leads to more practical strength

Good luck whatever you do

3. Resurrection_Joe

.....and fix your sig!

4. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

I still have about an acre of willow to clear by hand. You want a work out, let me know.
    ;)

5. js4x4

js4x4 1/2 ton status

a good friend of mine got a bowflex, and loves it! I think hes added about 25 lbs of mass since May....he works out a every day with it-nothing but good things to say about it <shrug>

6. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

7. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

I'm a weakling... only time I ever worked out was one college weight training class I took. Man, did I feel pathetic when I saw in actual numbers the little amounts I could lift.

All I've ever done is turn a ratchet, or move parts and stuff around... load axles, unload T-cases, all that plus logs and stuff when I was building some of the sheds up at our place. This also explains why my back is probably bad.

What's funny is my friends think I'm strong or at least used to. Haha. Must be easy to pull one over on them.

8. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

dude... thanks for all the links!

9. Resurrection_Joe

You're probably pretty strong, you just don't have the statistics of the modern american tradition of attatching numbers to everything you do

10. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

11. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

How can you do that when the ground is frozen!

12. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

I used to get an average of 25 cords of wood each summer (for the past 3, not counting the one that just ended) with my dad. I was pretty in shape then from hiking, stacking, and all that. I don't do that anymore though...

13. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

14. four_by_ken

four_by_ken 1/2 ton status

http://www.bodybuilding.com/Best site on the net for it. Real people working out. And doing it the correct way. TONS of readying on anything you ever wanted to know.