Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

weightlifting supplements, help

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by XHitman396, Aug 12, 2003.

1. XHitman396

XHitman396 1/2 ton status

since i dont like to talk to them salesmen at the gym that want me to spend lots of money, and since they can bench press my truck, i dun wanna say no, so ill get your opinions.. im starting to lift weights again, and want to start taking some sort of muscle building supplement, but have no idea what the hell to look for, do i just look for the most protein, or what, im pretty clueless, im 17, ~6' 165lbs, and dont wanna spend and arm and a leg for this, i workout 6 days a week, one muscle group per day, and workout pretty hard.. i looked a little at academy today, and there was this stuff called '60V' it was 60g of protein per serving, one serving a day, low fat and all that, for 35 bucks, it will last me 20 days, good or bad, any help appreciated, thanks..

2. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

Send a PM to "big pappa b"

He can tell you what you need and possibly supply you !

3. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

Seccond the vote for Big Poppa'b.

I use Myolpex by EAS exclusivly, I totaly trust the company, but at the same time - I don't follow their promotions or anyother companies promotions, blindly. There are ALOT (ALOT !) of scams going on in the supplement industry, EAS is no different (to a point). But I do belive that if they (EAS) says XXX per serveing, than your going to get XXX per serving, unlike serveral other lesser compannys. I also belive EAS, actualy cares about the people who buy the produts they sell. They also back up the produts with reserch.
    But you pay for it. EAS is usualy pretty high, on the price list.

Myoplex, is a "Meal Replacement Powder", not just a protin shake. Meaning it is a single serving of Carbs, Protin, and Fats with 50% of most of the vitamins and minnerals needed.
    From what I've read and understand - it is ideal for a post work-out meal.

About $100 for a box of 36 single serveing packets. About $2.75 per packet (cheeper than a Big-Mac meal, and far better for ya' /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif) I find a single serving packet - too much for me. So, I usualy split it into two, and drink them sepretly.

4. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

So ya wanna get big huh? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif First thing is you have to eat to grow. I'll give you a few simple guidelines to follow and if you have more questions you can PM me or email.
    1. Try to 1.5 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight each day. You weigh 165Lbs..shoot for a min of 240g of protein a day. divide that into 5 or 6 meal. Protein ins the only thing that will repair and rebuild muscles
    2. If you're spending more than an hour in the gym lifting weights..you're overdoing it. My workouts last 45-60 minutes tops..not counting cardio.
    3. There are tons of ads in the magazine for the "Newest/Best" thing since sliced bread..DON"T BUY IT!! I just closed my supplement store and there are a lot of ripoff companies out there (cough..MuscleTech..cough)
    4. Stay far away from GNC. There stuff is WAYYYY overpriced. If you can shop off the internet then you are way ahead of the game. My friend owns Complete Supplements he has some good prices. He has a toll free number so you can order or ask him questions. If you call, tell him "Bryan from Delaware" referred you...might give you a break.
    5. As for supplement brands, I like Sci-Fit and Optimum. You can get a 5Lb container from him for $25ea.
    6. Take a multivitamin everyday
    7. Creatine will help you also. Good strength gains and maybe a 5-10Lb weight gain
    8. You are too young for andro. Don't waste your money. Your body already produces more testosterone than you need now anyway..take advantage of it

I could type on all night but theses are some things to key in on

BPB

5. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

This is a very good site for general Bodybuilding info.
    abcbodybuilding