Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

weird brake problem.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by darkshadow, Oct 25, 2006.

1. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

ran new brake lines a few weeks ago, SS front pass and Pvalve to rear. also new MC.

yeserday on my way to work after an hour of driving, i had almost no brakes.

limpped it home, and am trying to figgure out what the hell is wrong.

I flushed the whole system to rule out air with a pump up sprayer i made.

checked the master for seal leaks, its dry, checked shoes, nearly perfect adjustment, front calipers are a year or two old and work fine.

if i am sitting the pedel is stiff, but once i drive for a miniute it is soft, like maybe the last 20% of the stroke gives me any brakes, but if i pull it back with my foot and pump it 3 or 4 times it gains psi, and gives me good brakes.

WTF, i can figgure it out.

p valve?

2. Confedneck79K30

Confedneck79K30 3/4 ton status

master cylinder, what kind is on it? at the least go with napa or step up to GM... but NO otterzone... get any air from the proportioning valve?

3. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

i dident blead from the p valve, but i flushed probaply near a quart so there cant be any left in there.

this came on sudenly after two weeks of good brakes.

i don't know the brand of cly, was new not rebuild, got if from a local parts store.