Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Weird clunking noise??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by airbornesoldier327, Jan 2, 2006.

1. airbornesoldier327

airbornesoldier327 1/2 ton status

Alight well i just had my front and rear diffs rebiult and also the trany and transfer case as well. He replaced th front hubs with what i have been told are the cheap warn ones that tend to pop off. Well i was looking at them, and when i grab them they acually have play in them, so me not knowing any better thought it was alright. Well after the first mudding trip, when ever i loack the front diff and put it into 4 lo or high when the front left tire spins it made this wierd like click at each rotation. so then i went on leave for a month came back and when i drove it down the road apon braking you can feel it clunking through the transfer case. what do i do?

2. airbornesoldier327

3. adamforsythe

adamforsythe 1/2 ton status

Go kick the guy that rebuilt your stuff right in the balls. Then have him fix is screw up's.
    He screwed up on one or more of the rebuilds or you just wheel your **** way to hard.

4. airbornesoldier327

alright i just got under it today and was looking at all my u-joints before i started ripping the front diff apart to check that, and sure enough both my u-joints on my front drive shaft were bad. along with the thing in the middle of it, it looks like its the piviot point or something. Looked in my lmc catolog, but its like 170 to fix the parts. any one have a spare fron drive shaft with jsut bad u-joints?

5. airbornesoldier327

anyone have any spare front drive shaft pieces?

6. black'burb

black'burb 1/2 ton status

Looks like another hijacked soldier in fayette-nam. Spent some time there w/ 3/27 FA. Best thing you can do is start reading this site, learn well. There's a lot of good info from many who shoot straight. You want something done right-better do it yourself......
    Stay Safe

7. airbornesoldier327

yeah thats me, just got back from iraq in november puttin all the new toys on the truck since i got back