Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Weird clunking

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BillyBob, Jul 12, 2000.

1. BillyBob

BillyBob 1/2 ton status

Since Monday, I've been having this wierd clunking sounds coming from the left side of the truck. It makes the floor vibrate a little. I'm beginning to think it's my transmition ( I have a 700R4) or my transfer case(NP208).. it usually happens after making a left turn.. I dunno what it is, but I don't push the truck much after hearing it. Today, for some reaon, while I was going up a hill, below the speed limit, my left rear started going "URRP URRP" It sounded like I ran over a dog or wheelhop or something.. But I woulda felt the loss in traction when I hit the pedal. After a few seconds, it stopped.. I haven't heard it since... I'm beginning to think that maybe my 12 bolt is dying. I've heard clicking sounds which aren't made by the lockright.. they usually happen when I accelerate. Help!

http://billybob.coloradok5.com
    It's all fun 'n games, till someone gets stuck.

2. 4x4blazer

4x4blazer 1/2 ton status

Could be your wheel bearings. Mine made some strange noises when they went bad.
    Just an idea.
    Good luck!