Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Weird Drivetrain Problems

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BillyBob, Dec 9, 2000.

1. BillyBob

BillyBob 1/2 ton status

My drivetrain started to squeak like heck a few days ago. I finally got the thing jacked up over my friends house earlier today. Apparently, the yoke on my NP208 has gotten screwed up.. one of the holes for the U-joint cap somehow became oval from a previous encounter with a bad U-joint. Anyway, after jacking up the rear of the truck, I was turning the rear wheels and a sound was emitting from the T-case... like a really low squeak. Any idea what it means? Maybe it's low on fluid? What kind of fluid does it take, ATF? How do I add more if it's low? Help!

[​IMG]

http://billybob.coloradok5.com
    It's all fun 'n games, till someone gets stuck.

2. Bigmeats

Bigmeats 1/2 ton status

i looked in my repair manual and it says the 208 has a drain and fill bolt. It also says that it holds 6 pints of dextron type atf. Hope this helps

Bigmeats

Carl...75 Blazer...Manhattan IL

3. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

On the back of the t case you will see 2 big 1 1/8" screw in plugs. Remove the lower one and drain fluid. put the lower one back in. Take out the upper one and fill with dexron atf.Just squirt it in till it comes out the hole.. I use one of those spouts off a gearlube bottle on the atf container to fill the T case. I think it takes about 3 quarts to fill it. Also, Drain the fluid into a clean container so you can see if there are any big metal filings or chunks .If there are you may have problems