Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Weird electrical issues...???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Poohbair, May 22, 2005.

1. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

Got the new motor in my truck, and everthing seems to be running fine now after some other issues. BUt it seems weird, all of the keyed ignition stuff works, HEI, Starter, etc... but I don't have any power to the wipers, heater, and headlights (only work w/ keyed power... long story)? All of the fuses are good, so where else could I look for why these things don't work?

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

I don'tknow as this has ever been resolved. At least in some applications, GM used two fusible links to supply 12V to the cab...if one link is dead, you'll lose either lights or the engine, but not both.

I'm not positive trucks are set up this way, but you should be able to check for 12V at the junction block on the firewall. I believe all hot (red) wires from the starter end up there before they hit the fuse panel.

3. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

All of my fusable links have been removed for years. I have power at both power wires into the cab where they enter the fuse panel.