Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Weird feelings

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Adub, Sep 7, 2002.

1. Adub

Adub 1/2 ton status

I just bought the truck, when you drive slow, it feels like a wheel is out of balance or something, kind of like a warped rotor when you are stopping feeling, except im not stopping. It seems to be getting worse the more I drive it. I know it needs rotors turned and pads up front, but I dont think that would cause it. Any ideas?
    AW

2. BlaznRebel

BlaznRebel 1/2 ton status

pull the tires off and check the studs sometimes they will wear out and you may think you have tightened up the wheel but it's still loose.Just a thought

3. steve85fla

steve85fla Registered Member

Wheel bearing is my guess, I would jack it up and turn/shake the tires.
    Good luck

4. sxrxnrr

sxrxnrr Registered Member

I am no pro or anything, but I had problem knda like that. It was the rotor, thing was the brake hose was so worn that it would let pressure in, but not so easily back out. Would stay clamped onto the warped rotor for a while after stopping.. More than likly thats not it, just thought I would try to help out.

5. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

Consider your ball joints too. Check them if/when you check your wheel bearings.

6. bckinblk

bckinblk 1/2 ton status

I once had a wheel bearing walk into the spindle and it felt kinda like what your explaining .The only problem was that mine heated up and seized itself to the spindle it was a major PITA to get it apart .Hopefully that is not your problem .Check your wheel bearings and make sure that they are not over tightened and check out all the front running gear .hope this helps good luck

7. Adub

Adub 1/2 ton status

I think its the brakes, the truck isn't doing it today. I won't have a chance to do the brakes until next weekend, I hear its a pretty involved job.
    AW