Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Weird Noise. What is it?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by zach78k5, Dec 31, 2004.

1. zach78k5

zach78k5 1/2 ton status

I just got my blazer back from the shop. New tranny, new distributor, and my Holley projection was tuned up. The truck runs great but is sometimes makes a weird noise. I can only describe it as sounding sort of like a dirt bike. Not as loud and it goes away sometimes. Anyone ever heard of this. I can hear it from the engine area, maybe the projection, or something with the exhaust? The sound seems to be just as loud under the driver side. I am not sure what this could be. It doesnt sound horrible but weird. thanks for you help.

2. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Did you lay underneath and try to pinpoint the noise? Possibly your trans inspection plate vibrating.

3. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Check to make sure the fuel lines aren't hitting the metal firewall somewhere. If they contact the metal you can hear the injectors fire from inside the cab. It makes a weired buzzing noise. Increases in pitch as you rev the engine.

4. JonV

JonV Registered Member

When the shop pulled my tranny and I got it back, the gasket between the catalytic converter flanges on the exhaust pipes blew out as it came loose. It buzzed a bit on its way.