Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Weird noise...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 76GMCJimmyinAZ, Aug 15, 2000.

1. 76GMCJimmyinAZ

76GMCJimmyinAZ Registered Member

Here's a challenge for you diehards. My right front hub makes a tinny popping (I almost wrote "pooping" =)) noise when I back up and turn the front wheels. I replaced the hubs (had superwinches, now milemarkers) and nothing has changed. I have 15X10 Cragar Supertrucks (like Welds). One mech said it was my hubs (before the change). Like I say, it's a tinny sound, not a "heavy" sounding clunk. My truck is @ fly-n-hi offroad today getting the front axle seals replaced, so maybe they'll find something... It's been an annoying mystery for the entire 3 years I've had the truck... Any ideas??

GUZZLES GAS BUT IT'S FREE AND CLEAR!!!

2. Espen88k5

Espen88k5 1/2 ton status

My 15"10"'s have weight's on the back of them that will just gently "touch" every time they pass the knuckle on the stabilizer between the front wheels... Could this be what you are experiencing to?

http://www.espen88k5.coloradok5.com

3. Depdog

Depdog 1/2 ton status Author

It could aslo be the front axle shaft sliding around. My drivers side one was well worn (the outer stub shaft) where the clip went on to it. The groove was not deep enough and let the shaft slide past the clip.

Depdog

<font color=blue>"Lead, Follow, or BECOME the Trail"</font color=blue>

http://depdogsk5.coloradok5.com

4. White Knight

White Knight 1/2 ton status

Check your rotors and calipers also, if the pressure isn't letting off on the calipers they can just barely hit and make a noise like you've described.[​IMG]or a brake pad rattling in the caliper.[​IMG]

<font color=blue>White Knight</font color=blue>