Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Weird or strange things done as a teen? Ever have one of those neighbors...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mountainexplorer, Jan 18, 2003.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

I wasn't daring or adventurous when I was 16 and just got my license. I usually went the speed limit, and obeyed almost all the laws.

Maybe some of the "weird" things we did included "playing chase-ace" (yes, stupid). It consisted of me driving around in the Suburban right after we got it, with my friend throwing pine cones at my neighbor trying to chase us around the neighborhood on his bicycle.

My neighbor was slightly retarded (literally) (no offense to those who are). We never picked on him or anything. In fact, he's the one who wanted to "play chase-ace" (If you havent guessed, he's the one who named the game). His name was Chwis...yes, Chwis.

Chwis enjoyed dodging the pine cones on his bike, and my friend enjoyed throwing them from the back of the Suburban.

Chwis also came over almost every day, and asked me if I was "gonna fix the twuck". (even if it was a car I was working on). I remember once, after I got a truck running, and drove it around the block, he asked me if it was running yet.

Once in a while, when I was inside the house, he would sit outside on his bike on the sidewalk staring in the windows, waiting for me to go outside and drive around, or to work on something so he could ask me questions.

My friends and I remember his constant grin, that almost looked evil (as if he was hiding something). That and the constant drooling whether he was smiling or not. We all tried to make him feel better by letting him hang around and "help".

Another neighbor that Chwis visited often to "help" with his car, often got annoyed by his presence. One day, I heard that he got upset that Chwis came over when he was taking a shower, and he just stormed to the door buck naked and opened it, and said "can I help you Chris?". It kept Chwis away for a couple days.

Ahh, those were the good ole days. Since then, Chwis has moved away, but once in a while, he still rides his bicycle through the neighborhood. I can always tell when he's coming, because I can hear him from a block away yelling "vroom vroom", revving up his imaginary bike engine.

I just have to laugh thinking back on those times (not making fun of him, but more like thinking how weird we ALL were to actually play a game like chase-ace).

Man, me and my friends were losers /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Re: Weird or strange things done as a teen? Ever have one of those neighbor

A bunch of rednecks in the Red Line Oil Pinto. Said Pinto is a legend at my old high school and I think that says it all.
    /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

This all happened my freshman yr at colij. I had a '73 celica. Kinda like Bubba Rays pinto, cept we called a "celibaja". We ( 4 of us in the car)had a water spraying air pressurised fire extinguisher. We pull up to a stoplight, next to us was a big cadillac car full of big bad ugly bruthas. I think it was most of the offensive line at Arizona that year. Anyway my buddy unleashes 2 gallons of water into the open window of the caddy and I thought we were gonna die!!! All I heard was " YOU MUTHA FUGGIN WHITE BOYS ARE GONNA DIE" That car turned into a formula 1 racecar on the spot. We were drove all over hell and creation trying to lose them. Took what seemed like hours. Thank God for night time. I sold the car shortly after that. I often think about whatever happened to it.

4. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

i should not post this, but i will. and i will not tell it with all the details to save my hide.
    made a phone to hook up with aligator clips and used other peoples phones for "fun" calls....
    other places, not houses, but business got a large phone bill. we got caught by some parents and that was the "end" of our fun, so our folks though.
    ok here is a legal story.

guy named lars in or "hood" thought he was the poo and tried to fight at anything he could. basketball, hockey, soccer, anythign we played he tried to fight us in. the thing is he was a lard butt and weak as all HE!!. one hit and he would cry like a baby. wel his step father was out watching us, wish i had known that, and saw lars hit me, so i knocked him on his A$$. here comes pops. al tough and bad cus he is from NY. well, i had to show him up, him 47ish me 14 ish and i just said screw it. next thing i know is i am being pulled off him.

i did a lot of stupd things in my life, but i have learned from them. we had the fun neighbor hood games as well. but they are not as fun as the illegal games.

i could go on for pages and pages, but im sure yall are tired of reading this already.
    grant

5. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

The neighborhood I grew up in was a series of cul de sacs lined with ornamental orange trees. About every saturday night you could find us kids in a massive orange fight with a group of kids from another block. God it was fun. Sunday am the streets would be covered in oranges. The worst part was picking them allllllll up while our parents stood around drinking coffee

6. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

Ahh yeah,

In the winter we would tie a rope to the bumpers and tie a sled to the other end. Drive around the neighborhoods.

Just like water sking, when you take a turn, the person excelorates and swings out-wide, sometimes they would all-most be inline with the side of the car/truck/K-5. If the rider looses it, they would bail out and end up in some guys lawn. We took out mail-boxes, afew bumpers on parked cars, injured acouple guys.
    We quit doing that, when we sent one guy out infront of another car comeing in the other direction. Very-close call. Scared us all.

So, being young and dumb, we up-graded.
    We hit the hills.
    Now, when the rider swings wide, they end up rideing on the side of the mountain, like a banked turn in powder. Very cool. That is, if the turn is inside, against the mountain.
    But...
    When the turn is out-side...

It's my turn...
    I'm on the sled, rideing it out, the turn is swepping out-side, I know I'm not going to make it and bail off the sled. Thinking I would stop....
    But Noooooo....
    I skipped like a stone, my butt hit the ground and rolled me forward, digging my heels in, which turned me around. So now I'm flying backwards.

For the dry-landers out there,
    When they plow the roads, the blades make a rim on the side of the road.
    Which makes a pretty nice ramp, as I discoverd when I hit this berm, backwards.
    Flying off the side of the mountain, into the forest, I could feel branches breaking on my back, one hit me in the right shoulder, which twisted me a-bit, before I hit the one tree that was left. The last tree, the one I hit square, was just on the edge of a cliff.
    I hit the tree and blacked out. When I came too, and stood-up. I was waist deep in snow and could hear my "buddys" calling out from the road above.

We checked out the tracks, you could see where the sled marks ended, then about 10 feet further some butt-print tracks, another 8 feet past that, two solid heel marks then e U-shaped chunk blown out of the snow-berm leading to a tunnel like path leading right to the last-tree that I hit.

7. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I pretty much didn't give a **** what I did when I was in high school, didn't do too much illegal stuff though one incident, if it happened in this day and age would land my butt in prison for a few years. Anyway, I was just surfing for the heck of it and I'll be making a new thread on some funny stuff I found, but here's one illegal thing that I was involved in.

Way back in the day, for y'all that follow rodeo will recognize the name Charmayne James. She's a champion barrel racer from down the road in NM. Anyway, there was this girl a year behind me in school back in '90. She won Miss Teen Oklahoma and yes, she was pretty much a stuck up piece of snotty trash. Her name was Carmina (pronounce Carmen, don't ask) James. Well Charmayne had a sign put up at her ranch, that was right off the highway telling the world that she was a World Champion Barrel Racer. Well Carmina had to have signs put up at the four entrances to our town telling the whole world that she was Miss Teen OK snotty pants.

Well one night a few weeks before we were out of school and I was on my way to beautiful Ft. Knox, KY; I was out with a couple of friends, cruising around town having a cold one.

We went cruising by one of the signs and the thought hit us. Let's spray paint the sign. Well of course being the good rednecks that we were, there happened to be a can in the pickup. Better yet, it was silver spray paint. The background of the sign was white and the silver would show up great at night, when the headlights hit it, but not during the day. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Well, one of the guys went up to the sign and painted "**** you." /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif And we tested the headlight theory, perfect. Daylight, couldn't see it.

Oh and by the way, I confessed to local law enforcement a few years ago. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

There's a guy I talk to on the two way radio who is border line retarted (More goofy then anything else) that has been over to my house a few times. I like the guy. He's got good intentions. He even kicked my butt in Tekken 3 on my PS2 a few times.

9. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

I was a teen in the mid 80s when you could still get away w/ misc. stupidity w/out getting into too much trouble.

One nite we were cruising thru town in my Jeep, (you could still cruise and not get a ticket then) and I had my RC w/ me. I pulled into a parking lot between the hangouts and switched drivers. I let my buddy drive the Jeep while I piloted the RC thru town in front of us. It was a monster truck type one and it would boogie. We pulled out onto "main street" following the RC. I had the remote down in my lap where it couldnt be seen. It turned alot of heads and everyone that seen it got a good laugh. Noone knew who was operating it till later that nite when I took it out and started driving it around.

When I was younger than that one I was heavy into freestyle BMX. I dont see being able to ride by a police car nowadays while standing on the handle bars and seat surfing and waving at the officer in the car. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. Chris87K5

Chris87K5 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    In the winter we would tie a rope to the bumpers and tie a sled to the other end. Drive around the neighborhoods.

[/ QUOTE ]

We used to do that with a go-kart we had that didn't have a motor. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

11. RatMan

RatMan 1/2 ton status

Man, I got lots of stories, and im only a junior. the only problem is that i dont remember most of them. if i had a couple friends over, we could come up with all sorts of crazy stuff. too bad ill probably forget all about it all until i have kids in high school

12. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Reading some of these reminded me of some other things we did...back further in time before I was even a teen. We made these wooden things by nailing scrap boards together to tow around the neighborhood on our bikes. We called them "skidmobiles".

The trick was to put a bunch of nails halfway in the bottom of the skidmobiles. The metal on pavement would create sparks. Eventually, they'd wear down or fall out, so we had a little repair shop set up in my driveway to put more nails in. On a regular day, there were between 5-12 of us on bikes (girls too) pulling these things around the streets.

I opened up a little counter (table) with a sign "Skidmobiles for Rent". Of course, I never collected my fees. After one guy stopped by and asked me what kind of nails I was using after he had one stick through his tire, the next day I re-located the skidmobile rental center in the back of the driveway and told everyone we'd have to carry out skidmobiles and rentals in a way "under the table" or at least, less publicized to the driver-by. I also recommended putting nails in more securely. Luckily for me, the guy never came back wanting me to pay for his tire repair. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

13. 4x4Freak

4x4Freak 1/2 ton status

I knew these guys in HS that took a shopping cart and flipped it while riding in it. They built a rollcage around it and put a seat and harness in it. They pulled it behind a truck doing about 50 mph, let go of the rope and it would loose control and roll. It was really stupid in my opinion, but luckily they didnt get hurt.

We met up with some friends one night and they decided to go "Deer humping." In other words place Christmas reindeer ornaments in precarious positions, if you know what I mean. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif I didnt actually participate, but did take pictures. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Then of course there's the time my friends decided to cover their truck in carpet. They were in the school parking lot at midnight ducttaping carpet to it.

14. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

To this day it still frightens me to think about it. I grew up in the LA area and we used to ride our bikes into the tunnels that lead from the storm drains of the streets down to the LA river bed. We would ride in for miles. Usually there was a little trickle of water in the middle of the tunnels. We could actually look up through the storm drains at times and see where we were from the street signs on the corners.

One day we came to a spot where the walls of the tunnels were covered with thousands of cock roaches. At first we didn't know how to procede and then one of my friends pulled a cherry bomb out of his pocket. He lit it and threw it ahead into the tunnel where the cock roaches were. When it blew, it sounded like an atomic bomb went off in the tunnel and it echoed for a heck of a long time making one of the coolest noises we as teenagers had ever produced. Also the cock roaches magically disappeared allowing us to move on.

So every time we went back in there we brought cherry bombs. We blew them off just to hear the sound and wonder what people on the streets were thinking when we did it. Now here's the scary part... Didn't know this till years later... There are gasses in those tunnels that we had no clue about and we could have blown ourselves up along with whole city blocks had we lit one of those cherry bombs in an area where gas was present... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

15. schmuck

schmuck 1/2 ton status

there is a local spillway down here where every body goes to wheel well oneday back in my teenage years they opened the floodgates and the entire place was coverd withwater for a few weeks needless to say when it drained the whole place was nothing but slop me and a few friends went there to drink and wheel a little and while we were digging around in my friends truck we found a ski rope well a guy who was there said ill do it watch this and he bare footed all around the hole spillway at about 25 mph behind my friends truck he kept falling over and hitting branches but he didnt care he just kept on going

16. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> This one time, at band camp... </font color>

17. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

I ordered a pizza to someones house. They weren't too happy at that....

18. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

mmmm Pizza... There's a place here in town where I can get a badass Stromboli for $5!!! Actually it's $5.04... but they never charge me the extra four cents...

19. dogman

dogman 1/2 ton status

The High School I went to had a steep uphill paved entrance into the parking lot.
    Just before the top, someone dumped 90w gear oil. ohhhyaaaaaaaa
    so every car that came into the parking lot, came in burning rubber &amp; spinning donuts.

/forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif
    <font color="orange">dogman </font color>

20. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif hahahahahaha i wanna do that one day. that would be freakin hilarious to watch.

jacob