Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Weird vibration from steering wheel

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BillyBob, Jul 14, 2000.

1. BillyBob

BillyBob 1/2 ton status

Since my truck has made noise, I was afraid it was something in the drivetrain, however, if it was something locking up, I wouldn't be driving the truck very far.. In any case, the sound has been getting quieter and quieter.. however, there's a little vibration in my steering wheel that I feel every so often. It's a slight vibration, but it's still there, and it never was before. It feels sort of like a pulse, if that makes any sense. The sound that the truck used to make sounded like metal things trying to rub past eachother, then clunking. The sound sometimes still just comes outta the blue.. usually after a turn (not during it, like my locker, about a block after making the turn)or a bump... My friend said it could be something with the rotors or something maybe caught in the drum (since my p-brake cables are disconnected, something coulda went in the holes).. any ideas? I'm changing the gear oil in my 12 bolt soon, so I'm gonna look in there for anything obvious, like my lock right crapping out or something. All I know is that it isn't anything really serious (for now) and I just want to find out what it is incase it is something that is constantly getting worse. So any ideas would be appreciated.

http://billybob.coloradok5.com
    It's all fun 'n games, till someone gets stuck.

2. JimmyDie6.2

JimmyDie6.2 1/2 ton status

your friend is right about the rotors. Also make sure the front end is all tight, and greased up properly. you might have to rebuild the front end. good luck!