Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

weird vibrations in the front

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 89coptzer, Dec 27, 2006.

1. 89coptzer

89coptzer Registered Member

hey guys, i need help. here recently when i get up to about 35 i get a bad vibration from the front right of the truck and it gets harder the more speed i gain. (i think its the front right but im not 100% sure.) and whenever i let-off the pedal it stops but as soon as i give it gas it starts right back. and if i remember correctly once i get over a certain speed it stops, not sure about that because i dont remember but i think it had stopped. what do yall think it may be? its driving me nutz not to be able to drive my truck anymore (i just got a mossy oak steering wheel cover for x-mas :D ) by the way it is an 89 jimmy if that matters any. and thanxs for any help yall can give me. :confused:

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

are the hubs engaged? Transfer case? What is the tire condition like? Those are the things I'd be looking at right off the bat.

3. 89coptzer

well it has the automatic locking hubs and it is in 2 wheel drive. and the tires are in good shape.

4. Goose

Goose 1/2 ton status

Have you been mudding recently and still have some stuck on the backside of the wheel??

5. 89coptzer

nope. i also thought that the tire may be out of balance but i put the spare on and got the same results