Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Weirdest question ever.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Sammy, Sep 11, 2001.

1. Sammy

Sammy 1/2 ton status

Ok. Here is the deal. A leaf spring for a K5 is about $400 each. Honest! Now I found a company that can make them custom for me, for much less. Now I need measurements. I know there 52" apart, but for a 4" lift, how deep does it drop when the leaf is just resting on a table (no load). And how thick should the pack be. I need this info for both front and rear leafs. I really really hope anyone can give me these figures. Would be great.

1988 K5 Blazer Silverado Grand GT in the Netherlands. "No it does not fit everywhere overhere, but after one pass through it will fit the next time"

2. Neil

Neil 1/2 ton status

$400 each? Sounds a bit pricey. I am seeing lift kits with sets of springs in off road magazines for a lot less than that. I hope the custom leafs are alot better price than $400.

Neil H. Alabama.. "It's a full size thang, Jeep owners don't understand!!" '78 K5 400ci 4x4 AT,AC,PW Cheyenne., '74 C10 4x2

3. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

You gotta see where Sammy is from and why the prices are so much higher!! [​IMG]

<font color=red>I'm a "black top mudder"!!!</font color=red>

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/thatK30guy>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/thatK30guy</a>

4. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple> I just did the same thing .....isn't it nice when a profile is filled out ??

L8r,
    . Riz . <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/rizmonkey>www.geocities.com/rizmonkey</a>

<font color=purple> BOW CHICKA BOW WOW !

5. Sammy

Sammy 1/2 ton status

Well, that's us. A K5 is very exclusive in this country. I've been trying to find a 14b/d60 combo for over a year now. No luck yet. Parts are hard to find, and nobody knows what I'm talking about. A Blazer is a S10 here. K5? What is that? But that is also the reason why I love this website. I can ask questions to you people. People who can really help me out.

BTW. I will try to post a pic of my K5 at the parking where it stands in front of my appartment. A K5 is extremely huge over here. I can't even park the dually here. I need to get rid of that thing.

But still, I'm the proud owner of a rare K5 Grand GT. Rusted too much for my comfert but still. Trying to find a starter moter too. Same problem. But now I found a company for the leafs. Usually builds those for trucks and trailers. But they will. So I really hope somebody knows these figures.

Oh by the way. I know a lot of you hate Thornbird tires, but trust me, in the terrain that I find here in europe, there isn't anything better then those. As if Interco designed those for the european continent.

1988 K5 Blazer Silverado Grand GT in the Netherlands. "No it does not fit everywhere overhere, but after one pass through it will fit the next time"

6. 4x4_76

4x4_76 1/2 ton status

I know what you're talking about.A while back I was inquiring price of a leaf springs from partstore,and price of front springs,and rear blocks,2"-3" lift,$770!But luckily here is shop that makes custom springs,and set of four springs,w/bushings,and 2" lift,only $620.

Here in Finland we have lots of K5s but 1 tons are rare.A year ago I saw for sale add of a 1ton frame,axles and body for a $350.Stupid me I didn't bought it!

I'm too lazy to stick shift,that's why I prefer autotranny.

7. Sammy

Sammy 1/2 ton status

Hmm. Finland. Might visit that sometime. I'll keep in touch.

8. mike reeh

mike reeh 1/2 ton status

I have some 4" lift springs, front and rear, sitting in the back of my parts truck waiting to go on.. I had them custom made.. I can get you the measurements if you wish, but beware I have not installed them so I dont know exactly how the truck is going to sit.. a reputable shop thats been doing springs, and only springs, for 30 years made them so Im fairly confident that they're A1. as for $400, if thats for a PAIR, then its not so bad especially for a good product.. if its a PIECE, well thats pretty high but you gotta do what you gotta do, especially if you have no way of getting anything else..

let me know exactly what measurements you need, ie center of eyelet to bottom of spring, top of spring, etc and I'll be more than happy to measure it for you.. like I said these are heavy duty springs so if you're looking for a real soft ride, the measurements will probably be a little different versus a 3-leaf spring like the softride stuff.. heres a pic -- <a target="_blank" href=http://lagparty.org/~mike/4inchsprings.jpg>http://lagparty.org/~mike/4inchsprings.jpg</a>

mike

9. Sammy

Sammy 1/2 ton status

If you could measure them, like in the pic, how high the leafs are from the floor (would be the bottom if they are under the rig) That would be perfect. I just need the amount of drop the leaf makes. Maybe also the thickness of the pack at the point where it meets the axle.

Some figures that you all might be able to answer is the size of the eyelets, where the bushings go in. And finaly, the stuff that connects to the axle. (Is that a bolt or something else?)

Thanks in advance