Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

weirdest thing happened today - including FREE parts!

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by rrent, Mar 4, 2002.

1. rrent

rrent 1/2 ton status

Pull in drive today - a guy surprises me as I get out of the Blazer - he ask the year - nothing to fancy there happens all the time - just the standing by my rear fender when I climb out. He tells me the guy who owned/rented his house before him left a top that will fit my truck and a grill - and if I'll come haul them off to get his wife off of his back to get rid of them - they are mine.

So, I hook my Studebaker trailer (another story) to the wife's Explorer and bamm 20 minutes later I'm loading a decent looking ‘69-‘70 grille and top Grille has a dent/small tear in one lower front corner - top is just a bare double wall carcass with no windows, or hatch-- probably an 8 on a scale of 10 - or maybe a 7.

So - now I’m the guy with free parts - I’ll take digital pics tomorrow. Emil me if you are interested in the grille - I’ll ship it for the UPS cost if anyone can use/repair it. I’ve never figured out how to ship big stuff efficiently so the top will need to be a pick item - unless you have shipping connections - either way its free or price of shipping.

email me at rpotts@austin.rr.com

2. Dave_S

Dave_S Registered Member

I think one top from you a decade is about all I can handle;)

3. DJs69K5

DJs69K5 Registered Member

North Kansas City, MO...in the Heart of the best c
    Id take the grill but thinking of custom 67 on mine. (Greg72) is looking for a desent 69 grill might give him message.

4. rrent

rrent 1/2 ton status

Dave_S - I thought of you actually - this one is pre-hacked, but again freight is so much and I don't have a roll bar or pair of heads to go with it this time.

I don't know if the grille is repairable - the dent is about the size of a baseball.

5. rrent

rrent 1/2 ton status

I've been meaning to get back over here and post a "the top is junk" post.
    Upon close inspection it has chunks missing, cracks and chips and most of the mounting nuts missing.

I've actually filled the window openings with 3/8" plywood and built a little stand for it - making it a great very water proof dog house.

Ronnie