Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Welcome Home 'Discovery'!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Kiwi John, Aug 9, 2005.

1. Kiwi John

Kiwi John 1/2 ton status

Space Shuttle Discovery landed today at Edwards Air Force Base in Ca. Every body is safe and well and the spacecraft is in good condition apparently. Thats a job well done America. People all over the world were praying for your brave astronauts. :bow:

2. mtn. burb

mtn. burb 1/2 ton status

Thank you my brother from across the pond.

I was praying too.

Hey, It looks like you countrymen are starting to give the boot to loudmouth Islamic's. The French have been deporting loudmouth Islamic French citizins!!

Starting too see the multicultural thing does not work, eh?

I may go buy a Grand Union flag, the one the colonists flew, before the Betsy Ross.

It has the English Flag in the corner, with 13 stripes ( the first American flag with 13 stripes i believe.). It displayed "Union" with England, at the time.

:D

3. Kiwi John

Kiwi John 1/2 ton status

Well the multicultural thing should work if people followed the old 'when in Rome, do as the Romans do... ) rule-of-thumb. Why it goes wrong in my opinion, is that the outsiders are allowed NOT to assimilate. that's to say they are not made to speak english, they are allowed to wear the full head/face/body gown. (Sh*t, you cant tell whats going on under there). and there is too much pussy-footing, politically correct, soft-touch, don't offend the religious namby-pamby, blah, blah, blah... going on.
    France made the foreigners take off their head scarves to force the integration issue. One of the few things the french have done right IMO.
    Muslims aren't the problem per se. Their religion is a non-violent faith and they are, on the whole, decent people. It is the extremist held views of a subverted minority who are too weak to have an opinion of their own and can be manipulated by these so-called fundamentalist clerics that are the problem.
    Hey, I like the sound of that Union flag for special occasions.
    Good to get the rocket jockeys back home safe anyway!

4. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Couldn't agree more and Amen to the shuttle getting back safe.