Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Weld in frame repair kit ??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bigmack, May 18, 2002.

1. bigmack

bigmack 1/2 ton status

Are any of you using ORD's frame repair kit ? My frame is almost split completely apart, the only thing still holding is the flat piece that is on the top. It is split and seperated all the way down the side and on the bottom. I was wondering if the repair kit was made for something this serious, or if it was made just to repair a simple (small) crack. I was thinking that I might need to get some 1/4" plate steel and make my own, but if the kit is strong enough I would rather buy it from ORD. What do you guys think ?

2. stump_puller

stump_puller 1/2 ton status

I don't know if it will help. Never heard of a crack as bad as yours. You could weld the crack, grind the inside frame flat then put the ORD frame plate in then weld that in place that might help you out.

Or the best thing to do is call ORD and tell them your delima and see what they recomend to do.

3. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

On one of my earlier K5's I had a crack almost that bad. Frame shop grafted a front frame section on for me...........sounds like your's is pretty far gone for a fish plate fix. Hope I'm wrong for your wallet's sake /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

4. bigmack

bigmack 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the suggestions. I think I'm gonna call ORD and see what they recommend. I don't remember seeing one that's this bad either. But as usual if it can be tore up or broken I am the one to do it twice as bad as most people.