Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Weld in Steering plate...wait on it??

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by zakk, Mar 19, 2002.

1. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

I ordered both the weld in kit and the bolt in kit from ORD, I don't have the means to have the weld in kit dome right now, should i bolt in the Brace and wait? or is it better to do it all at once??

2. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Do all you can when you can. Put the bolt in kit on and do the weld in as you can. It will definitely help.

3. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Find a buddy with a new MIG welder.....bring over some pizza and a few beers, and I bet you can get it installed in NO TIME!!!!

/forums/images/icons/smile.gif

(...let me know if you're having trouble decoding the secret message in this reply...../forums/images/icons/laugh.gif)

ps. Who's currently got your copy of the TTC2001 Video? Can I get on the list....?

4. AgDieseler

AgDieseler Certified Scrap Producer Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Definatly get the welding done before the pizza and beer.

5. Greg72

Definitely waiting on the beer.....

But you know if we laid a few slices of pizza near the welding area, they'd stay "nice & toasty" warm!!! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

6. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

Sounds like a plan! I have the TTC tapes and the 4xVideo Moab edition. I can drop them off to you Monday after work.

I got the beer and pizza covered if you want to help me do the welding. Gimme a weekend you are available. I'll be in touch/forums/images/icons/smile.gif

7. Greg72

Zakk,

We can play this weekend by ear if you'll have your truck back by then.... (How's that going by the way? I'd be SO excited to see it if it was mine in the paint shop!)

I have defined Tuesdays & Thursdays as "welding nights" in the garage....gives my wife a nice "break" from me, and I can just go noodle around in the garage for a few hours each night. If you're free on one of those evenings and that's more convenient than a weekend, we can plan that too.

You know how to reach me!

ps. Don't worry, I've got scraps of cardboard for the oil drips! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

8. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

The Exxon Valdez will not be ready untill mid-next week/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif
    Thursday's sound good. I am out of skool @ 1:30 those days and Rita is off work. This weekend is booked. I have races @ Fotnana Saturday, GoodGuys Sunday, No Doubt Concert Monday and Sharks game Tuesday, Pick up the truck Wednesday, and that brings us to Thursday/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

I'll give you a call when i get back Sunday nite.