Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

weld on beadlock kits

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by TheLakeRat, Nov 13, 2002.

1. TheLakeRat

TheLakeRat 1/2 ton status

I'm trying to find the cheapist price on a weld on beadlock kit that is available.
    They don't have to be strong it will only be on a junk 4x4.
    Someone ha to have a name or link or something.
    Thanks for the help.

2. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

3. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

also, i would argue that they do have to be strong.

USA6x6 has the best deal going right now. DOT approved Beadlocks that a shipped FREE in the lower 48 states! So a set would only cost $660 with shipping and any back spacing you want. not bad, IMO

4. TheLakeRat

I agree that good is not cheap and cheap is not good but for something that won't have an engine and fake axles and will be mounted on top of a foam rock used as a display in our parking lot doesn't need to be strong. it just has to hold the tire on the rim at 0 psi so that it LOOKS like it is flexing aroung the foam rock.
    Now do you understand why i want cheap? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Plus the fact that if they are nice someone will steal them. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

5. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Ahh, finaly found a use for your Jeep. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. rodzzilla

rodzzilla 1/2 ton status

Check with Alan @ Rock Buggy Supply. I think his are a little cheaper. The web site is still under development, But his forum is up.

7. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Do you know anyone with a plasma cutter table? If so, I have a cad drawing you can use to make a set. Actually, I would just weld the "outer ring" to the lip and stick some bolts through for the fakie beadlock look if you don't intend to use them. You could contact Rockstomper for their outer ring or possibly get Steve Frisbie at MO Offroad Outfitters to cut you out a set of "blanks" which you could use. Tell him I sent ya!

If you want the real beadlock - here are pics of the ones I designed.

http://coloradok5.com/photos/showgallery.php?thumb=1&cat=998&si=Beadlock&perpage=12&sort=1&stype=&ppuser=

Mine are the ones marked as user Mudzer

8. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

i have some used stockton wheel bead locks ill sell ya..they are 15" by 8 with 8 lug i took em off because i was snapin bolts every freekin day...3+ bolts on a 10 mile trip..but for a static display they would be great

9. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

i have a plasma CNC table i have access to..if ya have a file in DXF format i can get it cut ...can cut up to 7/16..but thats almost pushin the limts of it

10. Sumit has a set of bart-loc's for 49.69 a pair. I have no idea if they are any good, but the price has tempted me every sense I chose not to buy them on my rims because beed locks are not street legal in Utah, but then neither are my 18" wide tires. What do you all think about the bart-loc's, bad choice? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

11. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

better yet maybe we can make a trade /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. TheLakeRat

Chaz that would be great but i already have the axles made as a 6 lug and already have the wheels.
    I have been thinking about the summit beadlock kits. i thought about just making some outer rings and putting bolts in them but it actually has to be a beadlock to hold the tire on the bead.
    Steve that does it man, I'm scrapping the foam rock idea and making a miniture of your poser rig and parking it on that /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. 72THING

72THING 1/2 ton status

ROTFLMAO. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Will

14. Jeff427

Jeff427 1/2 ton status

Matt, why don't you just drill the rim, and use self tapping bolts right into the tires? That would be the cheapest way I can think to do what you need. Just have to buy some large sheet metal screws with bolt heads and do a little drilling /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif.

15. TheLakeRat

I hadn't tought about that, but it's good idea. We used to do that back in my dirt track days and it should hold just fine. Thanks for the flashback.
    Anyone else got any more good ones?