Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Welder Parts

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by big jimmy 91, Aug 27, 2005.

1. big jimmy 91

big jimmy 91 1/2 ton status

I need some parts for a lincoln classic II , with a duetz (sp?) diesel portable welder

We picked it up dirt cheap after it was involved in a roll over wreck , but it needs a few things replaced to run again

Does anyone out there know if there is a welding machine scrap yard out there?

The cost of the parts is fairly high at the local dealer and all has to be ordered in so we are just trying to keep the cost of repairs down

Any thoughts??

2. tx_sub

tx_sub 1/2 ton status

I know this doesn't help you, sorry, but for anyone in N Texas, there is a guy near my old work place that had two or three lots full and stacked several high of old welders. Loop 12 and Singleton. I don't think he advertizes or anything, he's just some strange person who collects and fixes old welders. So, big jimmy 91, I suggest finding one of those people. Or a better option would be to go to a local welding supply or gas supply place and ask around there. If anyone knows, they would.

3. big jimmy 91

big jimmy 91 1/2 ton status

After looking at new parts ... :eek1:

Could you get me a phone # , there are a few pieces that I still need.

Thanks

4. tx_sub

tx_sub 1/2 ton status

Looking at Lincoln and Miller, you can get different engines to power the welders. You need to if not already identify the engine model. Then try to determined the make of the welder components. If the engine is damaged, try to find a Deutz dealer. I know PACCAR owns Deutz as far as trucks go, but I dont' know about the engines. The best number I had was to a supply place in New Orleans, but it is destroyed now. The rest of the companies related are all in the Gulf states. I would try Airgas. Airgas Canada Choose the closest location. I doubt shipping from Texas would be awful to use any sources local to me.