Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1. MuddyMudSkipper

MuddyMudSkipper Registered Member

Where's the best place to buy a 110V Lincoln Mig welder? I'm tired of using my friend's tools and I got lot's more patch panels to weld in. I'm trying to find the best price I can before I drop some cash.
    Jeff

2. ZZ4x4

ZZ4x4 1/2 ton status

I bought my welder on ebay. A bunch of suppliers have "new-in-the-box" welders of almost every style. And they go much cheaper than most retail stores (including Harbor Freight and Northern Tool). I got a new Hobart 175 Mig for under $500.
    Good luck. JT

3. MuddyMudSkipper

MuddyMudSkipper Registered Member

How do you like your hobart? I stopped by the welding supply store today and the salesman was pretty high on Hobarts. Does it have four power settings or are the settings infinitely adjustable?
    Jeff

4. skyblazer

skyblazer 1/2 ton status

I bought a Hobart 135 (110volt model). I like it. Very simple design-works well. The temp setting is only 4 position which may be a little limiting for sheet metal, but I have done some body work with it on 1 and it works great. I got mine at Harbor Freight on sale for $375 I think.