Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

welding a 14b sf axle

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by Miller, Mar 21, 2003.

1. Miller

Miller Registered Member

Mar 21, 2003
    I checked out this artice before doing anything. I think this for for a 14ff axle, what Im wanting know is if this would be the same procedure as its bigger twin or would there be difrent steps invovled in doing this with the semi floating 9.5" axlehttp://coloradok5.com/welded14bolt.shtml
    I dont usualy post on this site, Ive heard good things and this from what they say is the place to be for good technacle info.

the truck is an 89 chevy 2500ld (light duty) I know its ifs front is lacking. Im running 35s and freguently use it offroad. and it shows with the trucks shape. nothing is wrong mechanicly just dinged up, and the front end is hendering it.
    Its also a dail driver to and from work with acasional trips down the interstate. I know handing with change dramitly and there will be added stress with more breakage being in mind down the rd.
    there isnt much selecetion in the way of lockers for this rear end and there spendy when you can find them, so it hit me today Im gona weld it.

Im just wondering if anyones welded this axle or knows of it being done, Im pretty sure Ive made up my mind, shes gona be locked then Ill head to dunes and see if I like it.

thankx in advance for the responses.

2. Highjaxx

Highjaxx 1/2 ton status

Apr 17, 2002
    You could use the ARB, not available to the 14FF. Definately pricey though.