Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

welding around fuel lines???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bad_bo_ti, Aug 30, 2002.

1. bad_bo_ti

bad_bo_ti 1/2 ton status

whats the best/safest way to weld around fuel lines, with out disconnecting them. thanks Chris

2. JK5

JK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Move them out of the way is the safest....but you can cover them with sheet metal or a welding "flame proof" blanket!!! Never weld around LEAKY lines!! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

3. Skroo

Skroo 1/2 ton status

The safest way is to remove them. But, at work I get paid off commision SO, I don't always do this. What I'll do is get a welding blanket(A real welding blanket, not just any blanket) and wrap the lines a couple of times. Be really carefull around rubber lines cauze sparkes can find their way through the folds.

4. bad_bo_ti

bad_bo_ti 1/2 ton status

well heres the thing, i am welding in a bracket/x-member in the rear for my new shock locations. it is the lines in the side of the frame, and i am welding inside the frame on the bottom, kinda like the UAV is set up. should i just go ahead and remove the lines, how hard is this or would it be a bigger problem since i would then have kind of a leak.. thanks chris

also will aluminum foil be able to withstand welding spatter? if i do a couple layers?