Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

We'll be in Amarillo/Lubbock area August 23-26 any Ck5er's wanna meet?

Discussion in 'Plains Region' started by rocko, Aug 8, 2002.

1. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

We\'ll be in Amarillo/Lubbock area August 23-26 any Ck5er\'s wanna meet?

Well.. My wife and I are towing my 78 Pickup up to Amarillo and trading my pickup for a 83 Blazer 6.2 liter diesel.. We're staying in Amarillo on the 23rd with my wife's Brother..
    Just curious to see if anyone is near there that could meet for a little bit.. And maybe meet us along the way...

2. fourwheelerjeff

fourwheelerjeff 1/2 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Re: We\'ll be in Amarillo/Lubbock area August 23-24 any Ck5er\'s wanna meet?

which way are you going, through fort worth or abilene?

3. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

I believe we'll be headed up through abilene... we're asking Pam's father.. he drives down to Austin alot.. so we'll probably take his route..

4. fourwheelerjeff

could you drop off my lift with derf00 if he is agreeable to it, we have to meet up to swap some tires anyway, also do you still have that other one for sale, if so, i will send the money for it also

5. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

The other 4 inch rough country is sold...
    It gave me the opportunity to buy the soft top from "theGeneral"...
    We'll let you know what route by the end of this week.

6. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

Hey send me a PM when you get out there, maybe we can meet up...probably won't be able to show you any local wheeling spots though, moving out there on the 19th

7. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

I am agreeable to almost anything. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

8. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

Re: We\'ll be in Amarillo/Lubbock area August 23-26 any Ck5er\'s wanna meet?

Well it looks like we will be going through Abilene. So yes Jeff, we can drop off the lift for you. We plan on being in the Abilene area about 11:30 on Friday... hope that works for you Fred. From there we are going to Lubbock for the rest of the day. On Saturday morning we will continue the drive to Amarillo to meet up with Swanson52 for the trade. We plan on staying there until Monday morning so we have some time to see Pam's family and old hometown.

90K5... PM your phone number so I can call you when we are in Lubbock.

9. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

Rocko,

As you know we have a big yard so you can stack all you can haul in it.

10. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

Well, crap. From the sounds of things, my rearend is about to go out again, so I'm probably going to drop it off at the shop on the 19th, then move out to Lubbock with my parents, then come back to Dallas to pick up my truck from the shop and drive back out there...should be there by the 23rd though...

11. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

bout time for a 14B dontcha think?

12. fourwheelerjeff

hey rocko, i forgot, do you still need that column, if so, maybe we could just meet in waco or so

13. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

Probably is time for a 14, but it turned out to be a u-joint, making lots of wierd noise, but not really a lot of vibration. It made ticking and scraping noises going around turns, turned out nothing was wrong with the rearend at all...will probably be in Lubbock again tomorrow (wed) or thursday.