Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Well boys- this is good-bye

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MudNurI, Jun 28, 2005.

1. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

The day has come.......I have thought long and hard about this, but in the end this is what has to happen.

MUDNURI will be going up for sale. Yes, its true. The K5 that has my DNA all over the frame from doing the brake lines - yes, laugh, you remember those threads.... the Mall Monster that has my Blood on the front fender bolts, (shesh, and the door hinges, and the radiator support, and the muffler, and the...well you get the point right??? ) my sweat on the SS extended brake lines up front, and my tears all over the back window motor. Yes, MUDNURI...that one.

When I split with the X, I left it at his house, as he has the garage, tools and space. Well, as with any relationship of 12 years that ends, there are things that just don't go as planned. One of them, being my free reign of the garage to finish said- MUDNURI. I do not have a spot for it here, I do not have a garage to work on it here, and I don't have the tools to work on it, even if I did have the garage.

I'm sad to see it go, but as they say "you gotta do what you gotta do".......

so my question is- where the heck is the best place to try to sell this thing- Ebay? Auto Hunter? Local Paper?? I bought it off a friend of mine who wasnt selling it to begin with, I just sort of "walked into" the deal....so I never "hunted for the one" she just came to me on day...

Help!

Brandy

2. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

Brandy,

Sorry to hear about your situation. I too have recently gone through a dicorce - NO FUN!! Anyway, I was fortunate to be able to keep my K5 and a few other things.

Anyway, as for selling, I'd start on this site. Then also try any local 4x4 sites as these type of people might be the most intersested. As for ebay, I've had ZERO luck on this. Seems to be good for unique & highly demand stuff, but thats about it.

Good luck with everything and PM me if there is anything I can help with.

3. RootBreaker

RootBreaker 3/4 ton status Premium Member

sorry to hear that...

my wife and I are in agreeance... I GET THE TRUCK!!! NO QUESTIONS... but we are not on the down...

once again... sorry and youll rebound...

4. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

I got the truck, can keep the truck, if I had a place to keep it etc. It wasnt in both of our names, just mine.

Just a matter of no time, place, tools, etc. sucks but its gotta be done

Brandy

5. mudslinger99

mudslinger99 1/2 ton status

Well I guess there is 2 ways to go about something like this.. You could post up a pic of the truck you are thinking about selling.. Or you could post up a pic with you and the truck..

The 1st option might help you sell a truck that sounds like if it was not for unfortunate circumstances that you would like to keep it.. :frown1:

The 2nd option with you in the pic might help you find a new relationship where you would have access to a garage and tools and would make it possible to keep the truck.. :D

On a more serious note I would do like BurbLover said put it up for sale here and some other 4x4 sites.. Putting it in the 4 sale section of your local paper wouldn't be a bad idea either..

I hope my 2nd idea didn't offend you in any way just thought it might make you smile in a rough situation :grin: Good luck

6. Grieby54

Grieby54 1/2 ton status

How far along is it? With a few more weeks of work could it be a DD? If so... I'd do that... and if it'll be a few months... I'd put it for sale and not take ANYTHING but what you're asking for it... (just an excuse for yourself to keep it). Not to mention... if you hold out... you're either going to get a good price for it, or you'll get it DD worthy

7. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Is it running? What needs to be done??????????????

8. Brocky

Brocky 1/2 ton status

Sad, very sad. One of my buddies just lost his house and garage and had to sell his mustang. Do you have ANYONE nearby to store it at. My garage is open, just a little far away, but you are more than welcome to it, not saying I wouldn't have a few spare parts for my own on hand. Have you checked out any auto storage rates. I would rather burn mine than sell it. :frown1:

9. fad2blk99

fad2blk99 1/2 ton status

Gosh... that sucks!

How are you doing with all this???? if you don't mond my asking....

I just went through a really bad break-up in February... while I was away in Iraq of all places (we were both over there at the same time). Anyway, after six years she moved out and I was gonna sell the Jimmy... just didn't feel like I wanted it any more... really just the worst four+ months of my life....
    anyway, as of the last couple of weeks, we are back together again (though taking things slow)... and I'm back into the Jimmy as well... :D

I guess I'm just rambling a bit... can't help you with selling the truck... but if you need a friend to chat with or just vent to, I'm all ears. Lord knows I had to lean on friends, some I just met, when I went through my break up.

Either way, I hope all goes well with you and the Blazer.

10. stockk5

stockk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

there isnt one friend, co-worker,, family members house you could park it at????? :(

11. TorkDSR

TorkDSR 1/2 ton status

good luck with whatever you do, but from what i remembered ou had quads right?

12. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

no problem!

I know where a lonely guy with a big garage lives in MA!!--and he has 2 Gm trucks,and has lots of 4x4 experience and some parts... :whistle: :whistle: :smile1:

13. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

Yeah torq i HAD quad's...note the HAD..........he got them.

The deal is - its not just a simple "fix"... theres oil going past the rings in the motor- so the oils combusting in the muffler on the right side. Fix- is either overhaul the 305, or buy a 350 to put in. Either way I either need cash, or a garage- or well both I guess.

Whats been done- lets see- the 4" skyjacker soft ride is done, the body lift is done- well cept for when they replaced the floor in the rear- the 2 body mounts are missing...yeah yeah- safe huh? The brake lines are redone, the front inner and outter fenders and doors (complete, not skins) are replacements from GM and have been primered and seam sealed. the hoods been replaced.

So whats it need? a motor. and I gutted the interior when we redid the floors so depending on what I want to do to finish that- either POR 15 or carpet, well needs something. has some rust on the rockers- oh no wait- lol needs them replaced- its a VT truck. And the rear fenders have some rust.....then it needs to be painted so its all black, instead of primer grey and black...

********and for those who asked************

Overall everything is going fine. We still get along as well as we can, but we have 2 girls together so thats the biggest reason we get along. We never did fight or argue- just grew apart, wanted different things in life. In the end, I got screwed. Thats what 12 years together and no marraige paper will do to you in Vermont. EVERYTHING except my 04 Envoy and K5 were in his name.

2 street bikes- 1 his 1 mine- he got em both
    4 quads- 2 four-trax, 2- rubicons- 1 of each was mine...he got them all (plus my 9 year olds 90cc Arctic Cat)
    2 dirbikes- 1 his 1 mine- he got both
    3 bedroom 1 bath, 1 car garage full finished basement, 3/4 acre house- he got- as it was in his name
    1- 2001 Duramax/Allison 2500HD Crew Cab with NO PAYMENT- he got
    contents of said house- HE GOT - I got my clothes, 1/2 of the girls clothes, and 1/2 of their toys. oh- wait- and my bakers rack for my kitchen...cant forget that.....

So ummmmm yeah I'm a tad bitter?

Financially he's set- financially I'm screwed. The Envoy will be going down the road by the end of the summer- I might not make out bad on that as I was able to get it way below invoice when I bought it so.....I'll be paying cash for my next truck, which will either be a Tahoe or a Suburban- more than likely a 96-98 somewhere near there. I was smart, and knew I was leaving so started dumping money into a savings account in my moms name. muhahahhahahahahah :cool1:

Anyways- I dont even know what to ask for the damn truck. Since I know it needs a motor, ughhhhhhhhhhhhh I paid 3K for it a few years ago, and since have done the doors/fenders/brake lines/floors etc. I dunno I dunno.......but now I wish I had married the fool when he asked me, cause I'd have gotten 1/2!!!!!!!

Brandy

14. Grieby54

Grieby54 1/2 ton status

What if's and I wishe's aren't gonna do anything but make you feel miserable... so don't do it. I would spend some time thinking of the best way to get on your feet, and enjoy what you have. It could be worse... So take your time... and if all else fails... find a sugar daddy...

15. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

well, my BITCH is going to go bye bye as well. I haven't even wheeled it since I put in all of the 1 ton stuff, the beadlocks, the reversed hi-steer w/ hydro, the cage, etc... but now that it is all done, the frame and stuff is just worn out. It is bent, broke, twisted, cracked, loose, etc... So I am just going to part it out and build a YOTA... Yes ladies and gentlemen, a Yota... I know that it is profanity around here, but I will say it again...YOTA. I think I went too far w/ my truck and miss the days of being able to drive to the trail, wheel all day, and drive home. :crazy: :crazy:

16. fad2blk99

fad2blk99 1/2 ton status

17. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

Move out to the west coast, bring the K5 and someone will take care of you two right :D
    Honestly I wish you only the best. I have gone through something similar and becides death of a loved one divorce ranks just behind. Keep a level head and a positive additude and you will be just fine. :D Theres lots of K5s and men in the world and I'm sure you'll run into them sometime in the future. :D

18. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I'll keep an ear out in Mass. for you.
    It's kinda hard with a motor that is on it's way out. Speaking of which, will it run for short distances (sounds like it will) as that is better than not running at all.

As far as price, that is a tough one. I just sold my 78 K10 or 6K but it came with two sets of new tires/rims, plow, fully restored interior, newer tranny, driveshafts, SS brake lines (front to rear), new brakes, good body, tonneau cover, truck box, etc. etc.

I will say though that if time isn't a big issue, ask high. I don't remember if I saw pics of your K5 or not, but from what you say (and knowing prices around here) you will probably only get 2-3K tops and maybe less due to the motor. Alot will depend on if you can find the right buyer (somebody that has a good running motor and needs a chassis/body). It's always easy to bargain down, so I would aim high. You never know you may find somebody willing to pay more.

Good luck (in selling the truck and in life)....stop in to CK5 and say hi from time even after MudNUrI is gone.

19. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

Truck runs fine, starts every time you turn the key. Its just that the oil combusts in that right muffler- which causes the floor to get hot, even with the body lift.

I drive it- just not with my girls in the backseat, 1 too many pair of melted shoes.

Brandy

20. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Well, that sucks, i just wanted to wish you the best of luck in the future.
    And if you decide to move out to the west coast and keep the k5, i would help wrench on whatever.. (motor swap).

Best wishes,
    Ryan