Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Well Christmas is gonna be an all time suckfest

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Drey, Dec 23, 2005.

1. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

Just found out my grandpa Rembe(moms side) passed away this morning, and i needed to tell someone, this really blows both grandpa and a good friend in one year. Hes had emphazema(spellin) for quite some time now, at least he didnt have to live in a nurseing home or hospital i suppose. Getting pretty tough to see the bright side of things anymore:crazy:

2. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

Sorry to hear, bro.. at least he's not suffering.

Were you guys close?

3. mxfireman

mxfireman 1/2 ton status

Sorry for your loss no matter what time of year it is. Keep your head high. Our thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

The Millers

4. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

ya we were pretty close, mom was a only child so i was his only grandson, thanks guys

5. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Do everything ya can to make it easier on ya Mom. It will help you through the heartache too..........IMO. Sad news, I feel for ya bro'. My Dad passed away a few weeks before Thanksgiving Day, a few years ago.

6. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

Sorry to hear that man, my grandfather passed away this past June of lung cancer. We were real close, so I know what your goin through, his birthday was christmas day, kinda puts a downer on Christmas too.

7. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

i'm sorry to hear about your loss.bro i know its tough but try and think of the fun stuff you guys did together.that helped me after my mom died.

8. Inu-Hanyou1776

Inu-Hanyou1776 1/2 ton status

Reminds me of the heartache of when my stepgrandad on mom's side passed on now almost 10 years ago. I feel for ya.

9. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

Dontoe's right. it's hard to lose a loved one during this time of year. I know, deal with it every year. it gets easier but never quits hurting.

10. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Very sorry about your Grampa Drey.

It's been 10 years since I lost mine and I still feel sad when I think about it. Grandpa's are the most important figure IMO. Just do your best to remember the good times, he'd want you to be happy. You can still talk to him, you'll hear and feel him in your heart.

11. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

sorry to hear it Drey. :( lost mine 2 1/2 years ago. still catch myself trying to call him for advice. most of the time i catch myself before i actually make the call. i've got my grandma a few times though. how exactly does one explain a situation like that? :doah:

that is the key to dealing with it right there. remember the good stuff, and dont ever forget him. i still talk to mine from time to time, whenever i've got something bugging me, i go down to the cemetery and let it out. also, every time i got a new vehicle, i had to go show him first thing. when i bought my '93, i couldnt do that. i didnt know what to do, so i just took a little drive down there, talked to him for a little bit. felt just the same. i cant wait til the day i can drive my '77 down there fully restored. he's gonna be so proud. :)

12. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

My condolances..

Sorry to hear that Drey...I lost an uncle 2 weeks ago,my mothers younger brother--she and I had just had a heated argument on the way home from taking her grocery shopping..then a few minutes after we were home,I heard her crying..

I went out to the kitchen to apolagize for being an A$$ on the way home,but before I could speak,she showed me my uncles picture in the obituary colum!:eek1: ..needless to say,it was quite a shock to her,and it made me feel lower than snakesh** too.. :(

I told her I was sorry for getting into an argument earlier,and that I was sorry about her brother too...she wasn't really close to him the past 15 years or so..I guess he conned my grandmother (his mother) into giving him several thousand dollars just before she died in a nursing home,and my mom resented him for that,and never spoke to him since..but he was still her little brother,and it HAD to hurt,just the same..

There is no such thing as a "good" time of the year to lose a loved one..but its especialy hard this time of year..I hope you can still have a good holiday,despite your loss..your grandfather would want you too,and he is smiling down upon you now,free from his poor health and worldy burdens..like the preacher said at my uncles funeral..he "caught the bus"--and as he got off the bus,he smiled,and said "I'm HOME!"...so try and enjoy the holiday,and cherish the ones still here with you to celebrate all the more,for anyday it could be any one of us that pass on..no one is gauranteed tomorrow..

I lost a very close friend 11 years ago early in november..the following Christmas a few weeks later was the darkest I'd ever seen,but I had to get through it..another good friend died the february before that..94 was a very tough year for me..so was 2000,when my dad passed away in april..Christmas hasn't been the same without them..but I guess we can't waste all the ones that have come and gone,and yet to come,because they have gone on to greener pastures..

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Drey,and may the good Lord comfort you in your time of sorrow..you will see him again someday..:crazy:

13. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

Sorry to hear that! it always sucks to loose some one close during the holidays.:(

14. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

Sorry to hear that man, be strong for your mom. I'm sure he's in a better place. :(

15. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Sorry to hear that drey. Your in our hearts during Christmas and in the future...

16. Stomper

Stomper ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ GMOTM Winner

Sorry to hear it Drey:( If you need anything you have my cell#

17. 2High4U

2High4U 1/2 ton status

Sorry to hear that... We all feel for you.
    My dad passed away at 53 year an a half ago and we were the closest. It was very hard to cope with but in time you just look back at all the good times to ease the pain.

18. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

yeah ive lost a dog an aunt (brain tumor) and a cousin (souicide) this year so i know how it feels....

19. 70jimmy

70jimmy 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Released from Pueblo, told I belong in Southpark
    Sorry for your loss! :mad:

I still have many thoughts of my Grandp's from time to time and that has been over 10 years. Grandparents I think have as much or more of an affect on you growing up than parents do. Remember the good times and like the others have said be there for your mom.

20. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

Thanks for all the kind words today fellas, funeral was this morning and im doin ok, oncei get back to work tommorrow and get back into the old routine I think ill be doin real good. Ill need some more advice soon mostly on identifiying Grandpas guns. So far Ive found his .45 from WW2, a .32 S&W 6 shooter, another hand gun I have no clue what it is, two Winchester .22s one a short and another is a rimfire, a double barrel that I think is a buckshot muzzle loader and then a 410 also. According to his nephew that came up from texas he had a 9mm Luger from a german officer stashed away somewhere in the attic. Once I find that I think im going to get that luger and the .45 all cleaned up and make a nice case for them, to honer him, he was big into hunting and over into the european end of the war. So between that and the 71 I need to get fixed up to honor grandpa drey ive got some stuff to do. It kinda sucks that i didnt ever hear anywar stories. He just never talked about it, but i spose he probably went through some pretty bad stuff and didnt want to talk about it. We watched war movies all the time so at least we had that, I cant count the amount of times ive seen Kellys heros :) anyway i need to get going but thanks guys i really appreciated everything, its really nice to have somewhere to come and let it all out to people who care