Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Well crap...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, Aug 30, 2004.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I hope you all remember the Grand Cherokee I got a good deal on?

Well, today I was on my way to the dealership since the salesman owes me a detailing job, and the check engine light comes on... Awwwwwww crap I think, I haven't even had this truck for 3 days, it can't crap out on me now...

so I pull up to the dealership, find my salesman, and say forget the detailing for now, you have more important things to worry about... So I told him about the check engine light, and I go with him while he talks to a couple people and his boss... Some strings were pulled, I saw a former Marine/Army special forces guy about beg his boss to hook me up... and now, despite the fact that I don't have a warranty, they're going to check the computer and fix whatever's wrong, free of charge...

At least it darn well better be free of charge, or I'll be quite upset... May have to be a complete ass /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif Good thing, though, is the salesman likes to hook up young military guys, so I shouldn't have too much trouble I hope... If I do... I dunno... I'll just see what's up with the Jeep first

Otherwise, the Jeep is "straight pimpin." Very very nice ride, no doubt until today that I made a good choice, even if I'll be broke for the next 2 months /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

2. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Probably just left the gas cap loose or off /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif That is one of the worst reasons for a check engine light but it will trip them /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I can only hope so... But the engine started running really hot after the light came on... I did pretty well in keeping it out of the red with some fancy heater tricks and keeping it on the highway as much as possible... So I'm thinking it has something to do with the cooling system based on that...

I think I might stop by the legal office at the National Guard tonight after work and see if there's anything at all I can hold them to. Probably not, since I bought it "as is", but we'll see... Maybe if it's a huge problem they'll be willing to get me in another vehicle or give back my Explorer... /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

4. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

5. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I dunno about Wyoming, but in NY, if a dealer sells you a car, he has to warranty it for at least 90 days. Whether it's an 83 pinto full of rust or a 2004 Z-71, something breaks in the first 90 days, the dealer has to fix it. Actually, I think they're exempted from that if they sell it "wholesale".

6. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Well... call me a blonde with brown hair... The temperature went way up... this morning I got in my truck, was a block from home, and the computer dinged, and said my coolant was low... So I came home, inspected it, and sure enough, there wasn't much of anything in the reservoir... Filled it up and went to work, with the light still on... on my way home, the light wasn't on, and the engine light was off... I even drove across town and back to make it take longer, no problems... I might run it to my friend Jay who has a computer reader, but I think I may have solved it /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

7. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Dude, its time to back up and do the most important thing you need to do the day you bring a used vehicle home... CHANGE ALL THE FLUIDS! You dont know what piss poor preventive maintenance the PO performed on that rig and it is best if you at least start with fresh fluids. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Okay... So I thought I fixed it, but apperantly not... no more check engine light, but the damn thing still runs hotter than hell... Took it to the dealer and they said "we said we'd read the computer, not fix anything." [censored] that... There's gotta be a way to get my Explorer back, I don't want to play their stupid ass games... I love my Grand Cherokee, but if it's going to be a piece of [censored] a mere 2 days after I buy the damn thing I damn well better be getting my money back if they're not going to fix it.....................

/forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

9. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Have you ever thought about buying a Chevy? Hmmmmmm???? Didn't you have one a long long time ago? Hmmmmmm????? /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

10. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Yeah a long time ago /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

But first I need to figure out what I can do about this situation... One of the perks of being in the National Guard is I have access to free lawyers... and my friend's mom who is a paralegal /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

If I am able to get my Explorer back, I'll probably end up with another Grand Cherokee... It's the nicest vehicle I've ever driven... But I'll be damned if I buy anything from Spradley again, even if they take care of this issue to my satisfaction... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif