Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

well...ganna go with rough country..

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bryguy00b, Nov 29, 2002.

1. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

for me right now and my budget....the 4" rough country kit w/ rear blocks sounds like the way to go! eventualy i plan on upgrading to rear springs or a shackle flip..but for now this will do..so i think im ganna order them tomorrow...after i check out the local shops prices... next...look for some new wheels and rubber! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. 87sm465np208

87sm465np208 1/2 ton status

yea, i would do that, but my driveshaft isnt long enough /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif. and i dont want to have it lenghtend.

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

3. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

why not? chances are im ganna have to have it done to mine anyway...

4. 86blazerk5

86blazerk5 1/2 ton status

I bought the Rough Country 4 inch kit with all springs 2 or 3 years ago and have been verry happy with it. Its a good kit. I didnt HAVE to have my drive shaft lengthened. But i decided to just to be safe for when i'm off roading. I had it lengthened 1 inch and it only cost me another 100 to do that. I drove around for a few months with the stock drive shaft an no prplems though.
    Ike

5. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

Congrats on being able to order the lift finally! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    I have the 4" Rough Country lift, all springs. My front driveshaft needed the $50 spacer from 4 Wheel Parts Wholesalers. Very easy install. I also needed the extended rear brakeline that was something like $39. I do have to say that my truck rides much softer than my husband's 8" Superlift. You get a backache after trail riding in his!
    Good luck with it!

6. 87sm465np208

87sm465np208 1/2 ton status

after i blew the 10 bolt and put the 12 bolt in, my driveshaft got shortend quite a bit /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif. and if i do the lift i fear that my slip yoke will come ouf of the t-case and make me really pissed off. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

7. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

thanx! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    yea it seems to be a pretty good deal for the money...checked out my local shop..but they are pretty new and only have like BDS ...and im sure its not the cheapest either..so im ganna go ahead and order it!

8. nofeartruckin00

nofeartruckin00 1/2 ton status

Would you happen to have the part number for that spacer? Couldn't find it on their site.

9. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

Superlift #4310. We have a spare but I doubt Trev will part with it. He likes to have a lot of spare stuff around.

10. nofeartruckin00

nofeartruckin00 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the number. Been putting part numbers together the past couple of weeks so i can get it in one big order. 2" lift just isn't enough anymore!

Sorry for hijacking your post Bryan, its all yours /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif