Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

well guys i give up on my blazer

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by chvymudin3388, May 2, 2007.

1. chvymudin3388

chvymudin3388 1/2 ton status

im tired of fixing it ... i just put in a new U-joint on my drive shat the one coming off teh transfer case... i put all the clips on the caps and made sure they were on.... well i was driving to day when it slung a cap off... and started vibrating like CRAZY.... oh but i doesnt end there... the vibrations were so harsh and so violent it cracked me two month old rebuilt transmission right inf ront of the transfer case .... i give up i was gonna sell it anyway now i am for sure...ive gone through two motors now three transmissions counting this one 2 rear ends and ive had t for a lil over a year coming up on two

2. Pvt. Maggot

Pvt. Maggot 1/2 ton status

Must not have put it on right then, if it was on right, I doubt it would have just randomly popped off. Specs of the truck?

3. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

That's just the nature of the beast. There's always something else to fix or upgrade. You really have to like working on them or enjoy the camaraderie of wheeling to keep doing it year after year.

Maybe you should take a break for a month or two then come back to it once you've cooled off.

4. 85mudbogger

85mudbogger 1/2 ton status

Sounds like me, im on my 3rd motor, 4th tranny, 2cnd rear, now im rebuildng my 3rd front. if you dont like working on it and fixing something i would sugest buying something with a warranty lmao, i know it sucks but fun always has it way of bitin you in the arse.

5. chvymudin3388

i rarely wheel the truck i drive it from my house to school out to corpus which is 30 miles away ill admit ill go through a field here and there and leave some black marks here and there but come on... i just give up on the truck ive had nothing but trouble and it seems like it breaks more when i take it easy on it ... i just dont understand

6. chvymudin3388

well its an 87 blazer 3/4 ton rear end 1/2 ton front 350 tbi 700 R4 tranny anything else? iknow i put itin right its like my 4th one to do and none of the others did this i even checked all the clips ... GRRR lmao god i sound stupid i dont care im mad

7. SlicksInRain

SlicksInRain 1/2 ton status

I've gone though 5 transmissions 3 engines and have to replace my u-joint again after only one year. I don't think I'll buy the 15 dollar one again. :D

8. chvymudin3388

that reminds me i got the "heavy duty" u joint haha its like 16 bucks how heavy duty can a 16 dollar u joint be??? lmao

9. Col_Sanders

Col_Sanders 3/4 ton status

Take a break from it. If you can leave it sitting somewhere for a month or so, do it. After you have cooled off, you may have a renewed interest in it.

10. loafer

loafer 1/2 ton status

Are you sure it's not just the adapter that it cracked?

11. Mudstud

Mudstud 1/2 ton status

Listen man. I don't know what your rig is like or used for but if I had this to deal with all over again I would simply cut the floor for access to the cracked area and weld that sum b!tch with alluminum rod. The area isn;t near any seals so the heat wouldn't destroy anything. I paid $500 for a rebuilt TH350 when this happened. There are reasons/theories about what causes these cracks in the case and adaptors but thats another thread.

[​IMG]

12. TexasBlazerBoy

TexasBlazerBoy 1/2 ton status

I may get flamed for this, but do you have a drive-line shop in your area? Take it to them and let them do it, at least you will know it is done right. This is what I did. I am not mechanically inclined and I could afford to do it. $115.00,ttl for three new ujoints, basically rebuilt the front drive shaft. I installed it back on to the blazer and it is doing just fine.

Disclaimer....I did install my own lift.

I know everyone likes the "Built not Baught theory", but sometimes it makes more sense to let a professional handle it.

Just my .02$.

Don't sale your rig right now just because you are frustrated, you may regret it later.

Good luck with your desicion.

TBB

13. chalet2506

chalet2506 1/2 ton status Premium Member

It's completely normal to get pissed off and sell a vehicle, shoot a lawnmower, break up with a crazy ex-girlfriend, etc. If he's having that many problems he ought to get rid of it. Nothing sucks more than having a dd you can't depend on.

14. Randy92782

Randy92782 1 ton status

i've seen some weird stuff go on with these. you have to take into consideration the truck is 20 years old. no matter how many things you fix by the time you get to the end it's time to start all over again. i cuss and throw fits with mine everytime i work on it. i just stop and take a break. maybe not work on it til the next day. it does always end up workin out. just seems like it won't. i'f you're set on sellin it i'd say like 85 mudbogger said "you dont like working on it and fixing something i would sugest buying something with a warranty" the end

15. chvymudin3388

yea its the tranny... i put in gear b4 i knew and it wouldnt move just spit about a quart of fluid out

16. blowedupmotor87

blowedupmotor87 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Don't sell it just 'cause you're pissed, I did that with my '69 Bronco, and I have regreted it every time I see one!

17. TexasBlazerBoy

TexasBlazerBoy 1/2 ton status

:ignore: j/j I like them also.

18. jimmy'sjimmy

jimmy'sjimmy 1/2 ton status

I feel your pain man, have the exact same truck except mine is a Jimmy, 3/4 rear 10blt front tbi350 700r4. Seems like everytime i fix something another part breaks. It was my DD and i got used to calling tow trucks, i worked at a shop in college and i worked on my piece more than customers cars!!!! I was really thinking about selling it for a while, bought a silverado after graduation but kept the Jimmy. Its been sitting 200 miles away for a year now, and i miss it everyday!!!! Sliverado doesnt need same kind of care and isnt as much fun thats why everyone has one. Dont sell it man u will kick yourself everytime u see a K5er or get on this site, i do but atleast i know mine is comin home next week.

19. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

How do you break up with an ex-girlfriend?:D j/k

20. Chevy305

Chevy305 6 Lug 14bsf Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

If it was a brand new u-joint they should be warrentied against stuff like this.