Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Well, here i am, sitting in the GM heqdquarters...

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by Topdown, Jun 1, 2004.

1. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

doing some testing for them on a new dealer product... anyone want me to pass anything along? :P

/forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

2. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    doing some testing for them on a new dealer product... anyone want me to pass anything along? :P

/forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, let them know that I'll be happy to provide a testing platform for some 3/4ton rear-steer axles.

/forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

3. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

I'd be very happy to do some new design motor testing for them /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

4. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

how bout something like a rock... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

*cough* Dura-burb *cough* /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

6. ugly_blazer

ugly_blazer 1/2 ton status

I want to be the guy who drives the new 4 wheel drive trucks in the commercials /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

7. Muley

Muley 1/2 ton status

I second the Duramax in the Suburban. No whimpy tuned down version either.

8. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

Well since you asked..........
    The duramax in the Avalanche, and 'Burb would be awesome but I would settle for just the Allsion behind the 8.1 in those models.
    I want the Quadra-steer in the 8.1l/Duramax equipt. trucks/Sub.
    Could they please please please supercharge the Silverado SS.
    Oh and bring back the RWD Impala SS.
    Thats all I can think of right now but I will wait for your replies.
    One more thing I want them to DESTROY my local GMC dealer, can they do that? Do they have a button or something to just make it like it was never there?

Damn one more thing, I want a CTS spec-V Can I demo one for like a month or so?? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

duramax sub suggested... allison suggested... rear-steer burb suggested...

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

what is mildly cool is that I am sitting on the same floor as the HUMMER folks... they have the original sketches on the walls... and I heard that they have an original model somewhere around here.

did I mention the auto museum in the basement?

10. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    what is mildly cool is that I am sitting on the same floor as the HUMMER folks... they have the original sketches on the walls... and I heard that they have an original model somewhere around here.

did I mention the auto museum in the basement?

[/ QUOTE ]

[​IMG]

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

11. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

I forgot one, pictures! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif
    Are you going to hit Woodward?

12. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Bring back the last rendition of the Caprice in a Police Pursuit Package with a top speed of 140.

Or a Tahoe Pursuit Package with the following things: Tweaked suspension for high speed field runs, 0-60 in 5 seconds, top speed 140 and a fuel range of 400 miles............... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Or a Tahoe Pursuit Package with the following things: Tweaked suspension for high speed field runs, 0-60 in 5 seconds, top speed 140 and a fuel range of 400 miles............... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

400 miles / 6.777 mpg = 60 gallon fuel tank /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

14. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

gonna take some pics... not sure about woodward, been out there before, its a ways away

15. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

bring back the K5... but with the duramax, allison, hummer tcase, D60 front and rear, fully removable top... and uhh... thats it for now. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

j

16. 4xrick

4xrick 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    bring back the K5... but with the duramax, allison, hummer tcase, D60 front and rear, fully removable top... and uhh... thats it for now.

[/ QUOTE ] ya I like that idea /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

17. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

All I ask is that You tell them to take a look at how The Germans build cars and to catch a fawwking clue. V8's inline 6's and rear drive. Other than the Vett every Chevy car on the road today sucks and that includes the crappy front drive Impala and Malibu /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

18. leadfoot067

leadfoot067 1/2 ton status

im with aaron on supercharging the silverado ss.....why the hell cant chevy build a fast truck? ford and dodge do it?...ive never understood it....the ss454 was a joke...and ford has the lightning truck that just flat out rocks......the SS needs a supercharger badly /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

19. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

welcome back to the age of torque and rear wheel drive... take a good look at Caddy these days and you will get a good idea of where the future of GM is headed. I hate hate hate to sound like I work for them... but I would take an XLR over damn near any other 2-seater out there today... v8's, I-5's, good diesels... GM is slow as hell, but I think they are headed where they need to go. Also check out the quality numbers on the new cars... beating the germans and most of the imports as well, of course I wouldnt drive a car that looks like they do, but that will change in time too. Check the Solstice... rear wheel drive. the Saturn Curve... rear wheel drive. Also check it out... Saturn is going away from plastic bodies that fit like [darn] and are going back to a semi-metal body that fits like its supposed to... want to see the future of GM's ute's check the new little ute (cant remember its name) but its a pretty sweet little ride...

-Ryan

20. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

I WANT A CTS SPEC-V!!!!!!!!!!!