Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Well, here we go!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by TheGriff, Feb 25, 2007.

1. TheGriff

TheGriff Newbie

Newbie here... just got an 85 4x4 in need of some affection, 1 owner and I couldn't believe it in the shape it's in. Anyway ,the front seats are SHOT, I would like to replace with the original style but I understand that some late model seats fit.True?False? Is LMC a good source for everything else as far as resto?:weld: I guess that's enough faq's for now, glad to be on board though and I appreciate any help I can get on my journey.:bow: :k5:

2. Dudge

Dudge 1/2 ton status

Welcome aboard man. I haven't been here very long either. As far as seats go you can about make anything work. I saw a post somewhere a while back where a guy ran 3000GT buckets. LMC does have a lot of resto parts. I recommend spending the $25 and joining the site. You will have a lot more access.

3. K-5 Bomber

K-5 Bomber 1/2 ton status

I second dudge on two counts: Yes, welcome aboard and secondly, get the $25 membership. I don't have it and I can't view any pictures. It's a real frustration.

LMC is a pretty good source, but some things are not resto. Remember to take a look at ebay motors for some parts. I just ordered some aftermarket seatbelts that appear to be pretty close to original. LMC's are not. Neither are their consoles. Otherwise, have fun. Oh, and don't forget to check out the vendor sections.

4. Chevy305

Chevy305 6 Lug 14bsf Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Classic parts of America (Chevy Duty)
    Year One
    Classic Industries
    LMC Truck