Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Well How was the wheelin guy's?

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by reddog64, Jan 2, 2003.

1. reddog64

reddog64 1/2 ton status

Well How was the wheelin guy\'s?

And I want pics too !!! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

Re: Well How was the wheelin guy\'s?

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    And I want pics too !!!

[/ QUOTE ] so do i /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Pics are a must! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

Cassidy has the pics. Except for the nonstop Heavy rain it was good, on the first trail (fire break 5) we all made it up but at the last section the trail gets a little tight, Mike ripped off his steering stabilizer. and i cruched my door. and dented the rear left 1/4 panel, I couldnt roll down my window cuz i messed up the eletric on it somehow, Everyone else came out with no body dmg, we hit some more rock crawls that were pretty hairy. but nothing to bad. after getting the Body dmg i was kinda discouraged, so i didnt really try anything to hard the rest of the day mike almost rolled his Sub coming up one trail (cant remember all the names) but we hooked a strap to him to hold his front end down, His motor was acting up so we tried taking him up a diff trail (it was the one where shannon had to use the winch towards the end of the day on our first club run last march) we decided to hook up a strap and pull him up the rest of the way, when he shut off the motor to hook up the strap it didnt start again, then somone on the trail Offered his winch, we were trying to winch the truck up, with the engine being dead, and the winch not being the best, it couldnt pull the truck up, all the sudden mikes sub fired up everyone ran to their positions and we got his truck up to the top at that point we called it a day and went to get Corn dogs cuz they were two for a dollar, SHE WAS ALL OUT when we got there, at that point i just wanted to go home, and thats it, There were a lot of people at TSF yesterday, there were a few Trail jams but all in all it was a good day.

5. UNCLE CRACKER

UNCLE CRACKER 1/2 ton status

I had a blast. I will try to get the pics developed today or tomorrow. then mabey I can talk shannon in to posting them for me /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif. or I can get them developed onto a disc. that might be easier.

6. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Get them on a disk also, makes it sooooooooooo easy to upload to webshots or wherever. If Shannon can't do it, email them to me and I'll post them on my webshots account.

Sorry to hear about the carnage, Josh. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

What we need are rainproof tube buggies up here.............. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. mudhog

if you dont get them on disk yes i can scan them for you /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

8. mudhog

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    If Shannon can't do it, email them to me and I'll post them on my webshots account.

[/ QUOTE ] he dont have a scanner i scan all his pics for him lol /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Which is why I recommended he get a CD done by the photo processing place..............for a few bucks they're all in .jpg format already. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Did cornfed (one ton Burb on 44's) and Brian Waddell (TTC 2001 winner) go with you guys?

Bring on the pics...............

11. mudhog

yup hell even with a scanner i have all my 35mm film done on disk as well when i have them developed /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

12. UNCLE CRACKER

Well Igot the picks back, and they were terrible. all you can see is big'OL rain drops with a truck in the back ground /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif. I didnt get them on a disk but I will next time, I hope they are better. a couple turned out ok. We never did hook up with Jason (cornfed) or Brian (bigbadburb), Im not sure if they even made it up there. we saw alot of rigs but never ran into them.

13. Silver84k5

which ones turned out ok? you get a shot of my door? :P i think we need to try and miss the rain from now on, it makes things kinda shitty after awhile.

14. cornfed

cornfed 1/2 ton status

Yeah we were there about 7:30 and everyone was ready to go so we took off about 8. Im surprised you guys didnt catch us on firebreak five, thats the first one we hit and it took a while for some of the rigs at the big hill before the turnoff to the crushers. We also ran a couple others on the way to airplane, and we finished off at hogsback where brian broke a steering joint and took out his inner and outer axles. We decided rather than fixing it to hit the pizza place in Banks, that was about 3:00. We got a few pics on various cameras Ill try and get posted.

15. Silver84k5

some guy was telling us that a bronco on hogs back tipped on his side, and just got on the gas and drove out of it, did you catch that?.... i wanted to see some of the Comp but seemed like there was just far too much traffic.

16. UNCLE CRACKER

Broke both inner and outter axles /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif, how did that happen? we probly drove right by you guys if you were on hogsback,we went around that one.can a fullsize fit down hogsback now? we were going to run airplane hill but there was a ton of traffic, I heard someone say that there was a broken truck at the top. we also did both of the rock crawls on archers (the rock face and the one after it) except nobody could get up the second crawl except for a couple toyotas.

17. Silver84k5

those toyotas were tight, but i think it was more of the driver's they jsut flew right up both rock crawls. i cant wait to try that [censored] when its dry... hows your tie rod lookin? did it bend at all? i think my steering box came loose, cuz driving home was getting kinda scary when i tried to go fast......... i think im gonna buy some new doors, and make some half doors out of my old ones. What do you think about a chevy luv body on a k5? lol......

18. cornfed

cornfed 1/2 ton status

It depends what you mean by "fit" down Hogsback? We've driven up and down both sides with a little rubbing. The tight corners on the right side get you and the big roots are sticking WAY out on the left trail now. We were able to drive the left side with no probs until it got rutted out after the rain started. I didnt see the bronco trick, there was one there on two tires, but thats because he blew both passenger beads. I may have been the broken truck on airplane - I broke my front slip yoke and had to fix it there. Brian blew up his steering joint which destroyed the ears on the inner and the stub - I missed it because I was winching the two wheeler bronco at the bottom. Were you guys as freakin cold as I was - the only dry spot I found was under the suburban when I was fixing the driveline. Next time Ill be running doors even though they may not open at the end of the day. I only got a couple pics with my digital camera but I should have some more this weekend.

19. UNCLE CRACKER

yea I was cold. I kept having to ring my shirt out LOL. I had my doors on so I did have a dry spot every once in awhile. when are you guys planning on going back up there? my tie rod is a little bent but not bad enough that im going to worry about it. I think I can fix it if I hooked a strap up to it and yanked on it. Im glad thats all that happened, by the sound and the sudden stop of my truck when it landed on tha rock I thought I really messed something up, thats why I decided to stop after the second or third attemp, I figured I was going to break somthing. I guess those 1 1/2 D.O.M tubing tie rod links are strong. it took a pretty good lickin /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

20. Silver84k5

Cold yes, Wet yes, i wish i wouldnt of ran doors, cuz i couldnt roll down my window, (damn power window) Did you see that chevy with no bed and that Quarter Eliptic rear suspension ( i think thats what its called) i dont think it stopped raining one time up there.