Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Well I am just waiting to turn orange so i thought i would ask my questions

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Krase, Apr 20, 2003.

1. Krase

Krase Registered Member

Well, I finally decided to join up. Felt bad using all this knowledge and not paying for it hehe.

Anyway, my questions are:

First My tranny is shot, while i would like to go to a manual, it is just no an option at this time, I have the 700r4 transmission, my question is i see a bunch of people upgrading them by putting corvette servos and clutch kit? and also shifter kit, i have heard of shifter kit, what does all the other stuff do and is it worth it? I will be putting a transmission cooler on it.

My second question, my auto hubs are shot as well, i am going to go manual on them but, i have read that sometimes you have to do internal work to the transfer case, how will i know if this is true, or can i just put the manual hubs on?

I have tried searching for both of these with all posts andand all forums, but cant seem to find them, and have seen a few but not answers to my direct questons.

2. JIMs70K25

JIMs70K25 1/2 ton status

I'll answer the second question. No you do not need to change anything in your transfer case. You have auto hubs as opposed to a full time TC w/ drive flanges vice manual/auto hubs. You can buy a set of manual hubs and follow the dircetions.

3. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

putting a corvete servo in will greatly increase the holding power in second and fourth. The clutch kit just upgrades to a better quality clutch discs