Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Well I blew my budget BIG TIME

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by doonjumper, Apr 5, 2001.

1. doonjumper

doonjumper 1/2 ton status

Ive been saving to build up my D60 and 14 bolt for about 11 months. I bought the set 11 months ago and I ordered the parts a week ago. Arb front, Detroit rear with 4.88's, rancho 9000 dual in cab kit,crossover steering,Agr pump and box, ORU diff covers, and Rock Rod. Then five days ago my engine blew. My wife thinks I did something to it. I swear I didn't. Know I have to build an engine. I ordered the parts today for a 383 stroker. I 'm building the 383 with alluminum edelbrock heads and am going to top it off with a Tunned port injection system (actually the stroker and TPI were her idea I just wanted to put a crate motor in.) And because of the extra HP I'll have to buy a trani pan that holds more oil to keep it cool and an engine oil cooler. So as you can see I have exceeded my budget. Good thing that I'm, oh, I mean were getting back some dough from uncle sam.

2. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

This must be someone after my own heart... :) Had my blazer 2 weeks, and so far I've spent about $1800 on upgrades.

Wonder what the next 2 MONTHS wil bring... :)

Jeff

3. doonjumper

If you want to save money sell it cause thats where it will go. So far these mods I'm up around $11,000

4. Wheels

Wheels 1/2 ton status

I looked at your profile and your running a 700R4 in a 73, what kind of t-case are you running? If you put and extra capacity pan on the tranny, you'll need to check the front drive shaft clearance. Put an exra cooler on it.

5. doonjumper

A 203. You have to move the trani crossmember back about 2" or so. If you have a 205 ( or maybee it's a 208) you dont have to move the crossmember at all. The 700R4 is longer than a 350 when behind a 203. However if you run it behind a 205 you don't have to move it cause the 205 is shorter so it makes up for the trani being longer.

6. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

Yea, well I decided I'd rather put $15,000 in something like this then $40,000 in a new Tahoe...

Everybody is right anyway... I haven't had my K5 very long, but I'm already hooked. Easy place to spend a lot of money and have fun while your doing it... :)

Jeff

7. doonjumper

Amen!!!

8. doonjumper

All in all I have about $20,000 in my 73. Some people drink. Some people smoke. Some people gamble. I just Blaze.[​IMG]

9. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

blazers start off simple then things get outta hand!your not alone thats for sure.we all do it!and we all love doin it.

PURE INSANITY
    86 blazer silverado 400 horse 350 w/vortec heads 38 x15.5 swampers (40 hawgs next)10 bolts(blah)w/4:88s coming soon,14 bolt.

10. freeforever

freeforever 1/2 ton status

It leads to obsesion...and oh boy it can be bliss and hell in the same package!

"Fool me once shame on you...fool me twice shame on me"
    ---------------
    "A closed mouth gathers no foot."

11. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

GOOD! I'm not the only one then LOL [​IMG]. "well we will just add 35's"... uh... and new tranny... new axles... all the stuff in them... cv driveshaft... exhaust... kicking around 383 motor ideas now to add to it all... ugggggg! LOL

[​IMG]
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI