Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Well I broke down and did it...

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by Topdown, Jun 10, 2004.

1. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

I bought myself a commuter car. Tuesday night we were out and about after work and stopped in at the Saturn Dealership... After a couple of hours and them running numbers and whatnot they had the car I was thinking about (2004 Saturn Vue, 4cyl, 5-speed, CD, 16" alloys, pwr windows/locks) for pretty close to what I wanted to pay for it... but, being me, I decided against it and told them I wanted to take the numbers home, run them through my budget (or lack there-of) and get back to them... not actually figuring I would actually get it.

As on Wednesday I was sitting here at work and figured I would run the numbers myself and see where the payments should be and how bad they were trying to screw me. As it turns out they were a little high and I couldnt figure out why... so I called them up and said "here is what you gave me and here is what I came up with, if you can figure out where the difference in payment is and explain it to me so that I dont feel like your trying to bend me over, I will be back later tonight". So I explained my numbers and apparently the sales guy missed me telling him I am a GM employee and buy at employee price... so, once I told the finance guy that he re-ran my numbers and came in within roughly 1.00 of what I had figured... so, just to be cool about it, I ran the numbers he had and was within like 5.00 of where he was... So, as much as I never thought I would say it, Saturn of Vancouver is a pretty straight dealership. they didnt try and screw me when they had the chance and were perfectly cool with giving me the employee price and everything.

So... now I have a 2004 Vue to get around in. pretty nice little ride.

If anyone has been thinking about going to get a Saturn, let me know, if I recommend you and you tell them I sent you they will make a car payment for me /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif and if anyone wants to know how much a Saturn or any other car (new car within reason) costs, real MSRP and real invoice, let me know and I will get that for you too... all it will cost you is a beer /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

sweet, the saturn dealerhsips here get great respect they don't hound you for a sale, they let you look around ont he lot and then wait for your questions. I'd look at a saturn but I have my eyes stuck on this new turbocharged subaru sedan /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Oh send me the info on the vue my brother and his wife are looking for a 4 door family-moble. we went to eh dealer here and his wife goes.. does saturn make an suv?? they only had one on thier lot and she liked it so it's on thier list.

3. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

also are the new colorado and canyons really that bad?

4. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

everything that I have heard about the new import-size pickups has been good. The frames are 250% stiffer/stronger than the S10, they have a fully boxed framerail, they are much quieter, nicer materials and the engines are much better. I havent driven one myself, so I cant put my personal opinion on them but everything I have read about them seems good.

Info on the Vue on its way.

5. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

only thing I heard on the C/C trucks were they overheated, but I don't know how the testers were driving them.

6. JDBlazer454

JDBlazer454 1/2 ton status

Congrats on the new Suv, bet you and the little woman are liking that /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Its a big change from a v8 Blazer to a 4 cylinder communter, I still am shocked going from the Blazer to the Camaro to driving something with half the engine...feel like I am dragging my butt on the ground /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Still amazes me that everything works when you want it to /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

We got the same deal after we bought our '03 Mitsubishi Galant, refer someone and they will make the a car payment for you. Really suprised Hannah dealerships have really turned around their customer service, most pain free car buying experience we ever had /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

7. smprider112

smprider112 1/2 ton status

saturn of vancouver...did they still have that Blue 94 chevy, lifted with 35's?? my girlfriend was looking at that not too long back but they where gonna bend her over on her trade in, 98 ranger 4x4 and they where only gonna give her 4grand

8. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

did see one... but wasnt looking.

9. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

the only thing i found online about the Vues downsides was the fit and finish of the interior and the road noise. have you experienced either of these?

10. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

nope, but its only been a couple days... everything seems real nice on it, definitely worth the change I paid for it.

11. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

did you buy it out right?
    I'm mainly looking for a 4x4 or awd that can get 20-30 mpg and not cost me $$$ a month.
    I know the saturn lot here for my friend to get her saturn was cheaper per month then buying any used car.

12. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

naw, financed it, paying next to nothing per month though, which is cool. I can double up on the payments and pay it off in no time.

13. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    did you buy it out right?
    I'm mainly looking for a 4x4 or awd that can get 20-30 mpg and not cost me $$$ a month.
    I know the saturn lot here for my friend to get her saturn was cheaper per month then buying any used car.

[/ QUOTE ]

How much are you trying to spend? Check out Rav4's and Honda CRV's.........over 30 mpg and 'real time 4wd'. Plus legendary reliability............ /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

14. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

having driven the Rav4, I opted for a Saturn... but thats just my opinion... The Rav felt a little too small, too much like a Samurai. The Saturn while not a ton bigger at least felt like I wanst going to die if I got in an accident.

Either way, there are lots of options when it comes to small 4x4-ish vehicles that get good mileage... just about every manufacturer has one...

good hunting.