Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Well, I cut my ponytail off.....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BlazerGuy, May 1, 2004.

1. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Well, I finally cut my hair off. /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif Back to lookin normal. I donated it to Locks of Love. About 14 inches got donated. I went to a fancy-shmancy hair salon since it was free! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif Some hottie cut it, took her an hour & 45 minutes, I think her name was Hooty McBoobiness...not sure though. Short hair kicks ass! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

Who else has long(10+ inches) hair?

2. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Cool, that's a good idea for the old hair.

I'll be one of those hundreds of people you'll now meet that will tell you they had long hair and cut it about 2 years ago... I don't remember how long it was exactly, and thanks to 10+ years of a ponytail, I think I'm now receding...

Cool deal, that was a pretty nice move to donate it. Better you do it than a USMC barber chair!

3. greywolf

greywolf 1/2 ton status

way to go!i did the same thing couple months back.
    fact
    it takes 10 people donating 10" to create a wig for a little girl(so pass the word)

4. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

Good idea, you rule /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

5. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

thats a great thing to do... /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

6. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

my girlfriend also donated there. thanks for donating! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Back to lookin normal.

[/ QUOTE ] And what is normal ??? No offence intended to anyone, but I never have been one to conform to what the majority belive someone should be or look like.

8. jac6695

jac6695 1/2 ton status

Good job! Now when you ride with me on the trail, I won't hear comments about that ugly girl riding with me. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

Great idea with the donation. Is that a tax deduction /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif? I mean, how do you put a value on hair? $10/inch /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif?

9. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I mean, how do you put a value on hair? $10/inch ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Its priceless to the people it goes to /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    Who else has long(10+ inches) hair?

[/ QUOTE ]
    i have hair that goes 3/4 the way down my back and all my hair is one length /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif congrats on cutting it and donating it /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif if i ever get mine cut i will be donating mine as well /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    Good job! Now when you ride with me on the trail, I won't hear comments about that ugly girl riding with me. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

Great idea with the donation. Is that a tax deduction /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif? I mean, how do you put a value on hair? $10/inch /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif?

[/ QUOTE ]
    i think its just a feel good thing and you cant put a price on that /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Good job! Now when you ride with me on the trail, I won't hear comments about that ugly girl riding with me.

[/ QUOTE ]

[darn] off! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

As for the value, I seriously considered selling it on ebay...it cost between 3500-6000 bones to make a wig outta human hair. Oh, well. I'll try to get some pics up soon... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

mine is only 1/2 way down my back.i had it cut twice in the last ten years. HIPPIE /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

14. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

ive enver had the patience to grow mine past my shoulders, i dont know how you guys do it(let it grow so long), mine is extremely course black cherokee but it starts to get wavy when its to my shoulders, i dont know why, ive always wanted to try and have long rocker's hair but everytime it makes it shoulder length then it seems to stop growing and i decide to chop it off, now all my hair is down to just about 7/8" long, haha. never had it anywhere near this short ever before in my life, its alot different i can tell ya, big time!

this mine now: http://profiles.yahoo.com/fastr68

it does this when it starts growing good(and then seemingly just quits for no reason at all: http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/fastr68/detail?.dir=/Randy&.dnm=RSS+023.jpg

good luck