Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Well I floped my K5 over>>>>

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Burt4x4, Jul 25, 2006.

1. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

[​IMG]
    Ooooppps!
    hahah Oh well..been wheelin this truck sence 93 so it was bound to happen someday. The story is I was trying to straddel the washout instead of hugging that tree next to the trail...well my rear pass slid into the washout and threw the drivers side front up and then the whole truck slamed down on the frontclip & pass door due to the downhill...
    Some say driver error :o or taken the hardline with a little bad luck :doah:
    You choose....
    Here is the thread with more pics>>>
    http://www.norcalbigdawgs.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9238

BlazerFest was alot of fun and whoever ordered all that heat should be shot! Man it was F'n HOT!!!!!!!!!!!:eek1:
    Later
    Burt

2. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

You look at the winch yet?

Sitting here scratching my poison oak, thinking of the weekend. :rolleyes::D

3. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

hahahah I have itchey spots too :doah:

No, I think the silly is fried. Somehow one of the winch motor power cables came loose wich then arced when I tried to reel in the cable. I am guessing this arc took out a silly pack...guess I get to lear how to r&r one of thoes sillys now:doah:
    Thanks again for running around the mountain to pull me straight :D

4. Yukon Jack

Yukon Jack 1/2 ton status

Well, glad to see from the other pics that damage isn't too bad. Did your passenger door glass survive? Sure looks like a blast out there!

5. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Ya it realy isn't all that bad...the door doesn't work so well..but the glass is still there. My window frame is slightly bent now too...
    I think I will just leave it with the battle scars for now :eek1: atleast until after the Moab trip...then winter will be here so who knows what will happen...:rolleyes:
    [​IMG]
    If the hood was down you could see it better...the mirror pushed the sheet metal of the door inward and so did the door handel..

6. Yukon Jack

That is much better than it could be. Oh, btw, dig that emblem below the front marker light! I didn't know you had a bbc :haha: :haha: :bow:

7. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

psssh, you call that body damage?
    I was expecting to see the front and rear fenders caved in a good 6-8" like my old fenders. :doah: :wink1: :laugh:

Welcome to the dark side, Burt. :thumb:

8. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

RoastBeef ~ I had a dream I could remove my cherry body panels just like my younger brother...something about a D60 too :doah: :eek1: :haha: :haha: :D

9. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

:rotfl: :wink1: :crazy:

It doesn't even look like it got the rear quarter panel did it?

Yup after i flopped mine it was a downhill snowball from there, that kind of made the decision for me to get more hardcore with my truck...
    I was trying to keep the body clean but started wheeling more and more.. After the passanger side got smashed i figured i might as well start having some fun on the harder trails before i replace the body. But the more dents i put in the truck, the more i wish i had my cherry poser blazer back from 5 years ago..
    The front fenders and doors are easy enough to get ahold of, but the rear blazer quarter panels are hard to find or like $500 a side for reproduction sheetmetal. :crazy: I got my body panels off k5's that were being parted out.

10. vtblazer

vtblazer 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Like the new avatar. :waytogo:

11. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Ya it just bairly touched the rear..I think the downhill kept the truck on the frontclip & door.

I am already thinking of harder trails....buttttt I still only have a D44 stuffed with all the goodies so I still have to stay off the Triple Black Diamond trails :eek1:
    Moab is gonna ROCK!!!
    Oh shister, I gotta get all my broken stuff fixed....:doah: I'm thinking RATTLECAN time for the rig too :D

12. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Burt Burt burt...... bummer man...

Guess what... I've got your front fender and maybe the door too at my house. I just need to get them off and bring them over.

13. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Cool Bobby!
    I don't have anyplans to fix it anytime soon...maybe this winter I will mess with the body :rolleyes:

14. Yukon Jack

Figure out a color yet for the rattle can job? I'm thinking my K5 is gonna need that too when I get it going.