Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Well,I got 7 of them out!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by diesel4me, Aug 28, 2003.

1. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Finally got some time to fool with my diesel's glow plugs today.7 of them came out without too much difficulty--the one that wont come out did unscrew all the way,but even pulling on it with vise grips and rotating it didnt loosen it enough,the tip must be expanded--I didnt want to break it ,so I screwed it back in.Its the frontmost one on the passenger side so at least if I have to go "fishing" for it at least its accessible.For now its staying in there,I have too many other things to fix to get it ready for plowing and money is real hard to come by right now--It should start ok with only 7 new ones right?? /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gifI know its supposed to have all 8 but this is the real world!.I tested the ones I took out--none would light a test lamp when connected from battery + to glowplug,3 of them had some conductivity on my ohmmeter,but I could bury the needle by touching the probes with my sweaty hands-could only get it to 1/2 scale going thru the plugs !!They must be fried--2 of the glowplugs were champions #ch77 (looked like new,recent,but stone dead!)and the other 6 are AC9G and look original,a few had blisters and small holes burned in them!.Of course the one I'm leaving in for now is one of the dead ones /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif.I asked you guys about this before and you were all helpful--Thanks for responding! I couldnt get the link one of you gave me about the glowplug removal tool to work(probably my computer)--I wonder what it looks like??.They should have made the hex part of the glowplug smaller than the threads so you could thread a nut on the threads and use it as a puller--or has someone tried that and they break anyway??.I was going to try chucking my reversible drill onto the glowplg and spin it in reverse while pulling on it /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif,but the exhaust manifold is in the way /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gifit would probably work if I could have got the chuck on it.Anyway,I'm still open to suggestions! /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

MJ was the guy with the GP removal tool. Maybe send him a private message and see if he still has the link or evenb a good desciption of how the tool works.

It'll start fine with 7 good GP's anyways.

Rene

3. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

My computer is screwing up big time--shuts off by itself right in the middle of whatever I'm doing--it knocks me offline and I have to restart it--spent 2 hours reloading it and it died twice right in the middle of it--I think the power supply is dying--and so is my bank account--I couldent even buy lunch today after spending 60 bucks for the glowplugs and 41 bucks to renew my other trucks plates--so if you dont hear from me again,youll know why.HP pavillion computers suck-its been a P.O.S.from wal mart from day one--never again will I buy anything from HP--scanner worked for 1 day,wont do anything now,and the printer ran ut of ink in about 50 pages,havent even tried to put in a new cartridge.I'm pissed! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gifJust when I started to be able to search the web this has to happen now--like they say,when it rains it pours. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gifThanks again for the info--I may not be able to be on here anymore. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif)